Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

search on talkback

edited June 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• I am trying to do a search on here but it doesn't seem to be working , or is it me?
  • Since reading your posting, I've tried the 'search' option three times by typing words of past threads but each time I've come back to the 'all categories' page. On my computer, Talkback automatically opens at this option.
  • yes, that's what I get too.
  • Ditto.
  • I wonder what is going on.
  • ...or rather not going on...
  • yes, RichardS, or not going on as you say.
  • Perhaps it's broken! Anyone got an elastoplast?
  • I can't get in to my web site either from my profile.
  • Totally OT, KatyAnne, i've just been looking at your website. Very impressive.

Rich
  • Oh OK let me try again then.
  • Nope it says error when I try.
  • Sorry, I copied and pasted the address. It failed for me as well when I clicked on it.
  • Thanks Richard. Wonder why I can't get into it though.
  • Oh, right so it is not just me.I will email Webbo about all this then.
  • Webbo is on the case!
  • Three cheers for Webbo!
  • Still not working unfortunately.
  • I just tried, nothing!
  • Still not working. WEBBOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • I emailed Webbo , when I posted this thread, and he said he is working to get this fixed as soon as possible.
  • Thanks for the info, Katyanne.
  • Thanks from me.
  • Just had another email from Webbo and he said that the problem is rather complicated but he is working on it.
  • Thanks for your patience, everybody.
    The Search facility should now be working smoothly again.
    Best wishes
    Webbo
  • Thank you, Webbo!
  • Thanks Webbo.
  • Just been trying to find the threads on self-publishing so I can suggest some names/companies to a friend (who is interested but needs to do research), but using 'self publishing' and even 'marketing' as keywords are returning no results, when I know there are threads with those words in the title and the body.
  • Sorry Webbo but Carol's right. Any searches that I've popped in (when I KNOW those titles are on Talkback) are coming up with the message, "No results found." Looks like it's back to the old drawing board for a bit longer.
  • I've just sent Webbo an e-mail, so hoprefully it will soon be looked into.
  • Oh dear... sorry folks, it appears the search facility only works for finding posts by author (eg search for Carol). I'm working on it now.
  • The search facility should be back to normal now. Thanks for your patience.
    Bizarrely, I fixed the error by replacing one bit of code with another bit that was identical! My head hurts just thinking about it, but if it works...
  • Thanks again Webbo- what would we do without you!