Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Talkback clock fast?

edited May 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• I have noticed for sometime now that according to the time we have posted a message, it is a couple of minutes ahead of what my computer, and watch actually say it is.
    Is it me wrong, or the system?
  • I heard earlier there was a black hole moving slowly down the M1. It was affecting electrical systems for miles around.

It was also responsible for Notts Forest playing a couple of minutes slower than Yeovil tonight, thus getting themselves bundled out of the playoffs.

Yes, that's it....

Rich
  • Oldest son very disgusted at Nottingham Forest- one of those times when it's better not to mention it (in our house at least.)
    My computer clock now says 23.24, so see what time comes up on the posting.
  • Or maybe the time on the web server's a bit off.

Which is probably more likely.

Rich (watching 'Life on Mars', which has a strange effect on me...)
  • Oh dear, Carol

I'd best not mention that i'm a Leicester fan then...

Ho, Ho....

Rich
  • I've notice that, Carol. It always happens to me. For example, at the time of posting, my computer clock says (acutally, it doesn't say anything - it's a clock. I'll rephrase) My computer clock is displaying 1:40pm.
    Let's see what the time posting comes out at...
  • 4 minutes 56 seconds ahead of my posting. (Except for the 9 hours world time difference, of course)

Carol, yours was 5 minutes too. So, yep, that answered that.
  • I'm so glad it isn't just me.
    During the week it has usually been two minutes fast, but last night I noticed it had increased to five minutes.
    Can any of the computer knowledgable explain the discrepancy?
  • My best bet is that the time on the web server is out by a few minutes. Therefore when the post appears on the site ,it shows the time posted on the server.

BTW, I work in IT.

Rich
  • not only is the clock wrong occassionally but it attributes some of my posts to other talkback members.
  • Have you ever noticed it's never the regulars, always members you've never heard of before?.
  • Yeah my posts are always a few mins ahead of real time. Carol as for Notts Forest I think it is a shame and would never happen now, they were successful at the wrong time. Such a great team, championships, European Cups and now can't even make the playoffs.
  • Our local paper has a picture on the front of two fans sat there, clearly devastated at the result. Shame but that's life.
  • Yes, I've noticed the time difference on my computuer and the posting time on Talkback. I just assumed that perhaps the computer clock was not set right. Odd isn't it? So Chelsa won the first FA cup. I heard on the morning news that burgers would cost £8, programmes already on sale were selling for £10 and appearing on ebay at £15 - before the start of the match. This is disgraceful.
  • I agree with you Stan.The people's games is becoming a corporate event.
  • A fan was interviewed on the BBC yesterday, saying that the ticket allocation was wrong, as there were a large number being set aside for those who had bought a seat for ten years, and wouldn't attend every game.
  • Yeah Carol I have issue with those ten year seats.All they are are guarantees to every event at Wembley over the next decade. So they are bought by corporate men to take clients to gigs and by people only interested in pop music there or even hiring them out.So when it comes to football there are empty seats or in reality borrowed tickets. They did it to bring in a fast influx of cash to counter the debt it has involved.

Great stadium, bad game.
  • Every big sports event has a large proportion of corporate support now. Businesses use it for entertainment for clients and such, while real fans and supporters are priced out.
  • MrD, if your message has appeared as coming from someone else, check the box that says (reads) "You are logged on as ..." If the name is wrong in the box, you log out and then log back in again.
  • It seems that some Talkbackers are still getting the problem of logging on under the wrong name. I've never had that problem so far.
  • Nor to me either, though someone once came up as me.
    I think it often occurs to those with longer names,though I may be wrong.
  • (clock only four minutes fast today)