Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Paging NenaStew5!!

edited June 2006 in - WM and WN

Comments

• NenaStew5 - Did you know that you and your book title game have been mentioned in July's Writing Magazine (page 5)?
  • Webbo will be coming to us for views on everything! Now we just have to top this month. Well done all of us.
  • I've been reading Writers News back to front, so I've only just got to the article "All about stars and their hype" - and the acknowledgements to Tilly, Dorothyd, Kangaroo, TaffetaPunk, Jan and Joeway. (Hope I haven't missed anyone out!)

Chantelle Houghton's done very well financially lately, hasn't she?
  • I'm in there?! Wow! I can't wait to see it!
  • I've realised it's Writer's News, not WM. I'm not a subscriber. Damn! Can someone photocopy the page I'm on and send it to me? If it's not to much trouble.
  • I hope so, thanks Nenastew. Fingers crossed!
  • Kangaroo - if you ask Webbo nicely, he might send you a copy of the article.
  • Hey!  Cool!  My mum is sending my magazines on to me here - can't wait to see it!
  • Yay!  It arrived today - to be quoted in WN - now that's groovy :o)
  • But can I ask an odd question?  Who is Joeway?  I looked through the whole thread, and couldn't see the name anywhere.
  • Mysterious Joeway. He appeared, he made an important contribution (presumably without revealing his real name) and then off he went.

A bit like Clint Eastwood in those spaghetti westerns!!
  • Hm - thanks for that.  I thought I was going nuts...  even  faster than I am already, I mean.
  • I checked through the members profiles and he/she wasn't there. Perhaps Webbo was dreaming about his holiday.
    In fact what was it joeway was supposed to have done, and according to the thread, who did do it?
  • Says in WN s/he mentioned about Anne Frank being only 15...  Actually, I was wondering if it had been added to balance the argument, as most of us seemed to be against ;o)
  • I imagine Joeway as a Geordie, living in London. He's in his mid-20s. Dark hair and grey eyes. I wonder why he's here!!!!
  • If you look at the list of alphabetical profiles, there's one there for Joeway.
  • Just read your profile, Joeway, if you're reading - sorry for all the speculation, but we don't see very much of you.
  • Re my previous message - I meant here as in London, not here as on Talkback!

When you look at some of the profiles, it's strange how many people post a few times and then stop. I wonder what it was they hoped to find on Talkback and didn't.
  • Something that they obviously didn't find. Perhaps they felt they didn't have anything to contribute, or felt intimidated by those who come over as confident.