Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

STOP PRESS!: deadline too early for the magazine

edited May 2006 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Hello everybody,
    this competition closes before the next issue of Writers' News, but we thought you might like to take part.

Winning stories will be published on bookmarks and distributed to bookshops around the country in a new competition organised by the V&A Museum.
    The museum’s Every Object Tells a Story project is inviting writers to explain which object they would most likely to borrow from literature and why for the Bookmarked! Competition.
    Entrants should be at last sixteen; word limit is 150; closing date, 5 June.
    For full details and online entry, see the <A HREF='http://www.everyobject.net/competition' target='blank'>website</a>
  • Hmm, looks interesting.  Cheers, Webbo.
  • Thanks for the information, Webbo. I'll let my writing group know.
  • Had a look last night, but now the page cannot be displayed when clicking on the link on here. Anyone else having that problem or is it just my computer?
  • Hello Carol,
    Yes, the Every Object website does seem to be down temporarily. I was on the site myself last night, but cannot access it by any means at the moment.
    I'm afraid the best advice is simply to keep trying! I would expect the site to click through within an hour or two.
    Dorothy - sometimes the index page, as I click back and forward to messages within Talkback, becomes stale (ie the version displayed on screen is not updated  with most recent postings, etc) and starts to get confused by some links. I find that refreshing the index page usually fixes the problem.
    Best wishes
    Webbo
  • Webbo,

Such a shame only residents of the UK can participate...