Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in September 08's magazines due out 7th August?

edited July 2008 in - WM and WN
Who's in September 2008's magazines (due out 7th August)? Yes, this is early, but I won't be able to post it next week. Perhaps Carol and Jenny and Dorothy could make sure this thread/discussion is brought to the top when the magazines are about to drop through people's letterboxes.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, please let them post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don't give the ending away.

Comments

• Well it won't be me here either Jay, so I'm hoping that my mags will be waiting for me when I get home. I'm sure whoever gets their magazine first will look for it, and bring it to the top. :)
  • OK Jay - will do.
  • edited July 2008
    My article, How To Get Published Without An Agent - Part One, is in the September issue of Writers' News. Part two will be in the October issue.
  • Midia, good to see you on the board again! and advance congratulations on the article.
  • Congratulations Midia. :P
  • Thank you, Dorothy:)
  • Thank you, Wilts:)
  • congratulations on the article.
  • Congrats, Midia.

I only just got my August issue in the mail on Friday! :(
  • well done Midia
  • Well done, Midia!
  • Yep, well done - I look forward to reading it.
  • Well done midia. I look forward to reading it.
  • Just keeping this near the top!
  • Looking forward to that, midia. Well done you !

(Jenny, or anyone - can you find me authoronline's thread about her site? I have been on her site/blog, but can's get the email from it - ta!)
  • Well done Midia, may it be the start of many!!! :0)
  • Damn smiley faces, i've forgotten how to do them
  • : ) without the gap for a smiley
    ; ) without the gap for a wink
    : D without the gap for a grin
  • and for the red mouthed face
    : p without the gap.
  • Hi everyone
    You should find part one of my edited and somewhat abridged article 'Inspiration, Perspiration, Publication' in September's Writing Magazine.
    James
  • That's a great title, James.
  • edited August 2008
    Congratulations to all who appear in the new issue.
    :)
  • Bringing this thread to page 1 so we don't forget about it!
  • 7th of August is ages away, I'm all impatient now!
  • Looking forward to reading Midia and James' articles!
  • Me too :)
  • I'll take a look at your pieces, Midia and James. Looking forward to my copy coming in the post!
  • Well done James.
  • Anyone received their copy yet?
  • Yep, got mine this morning but haven't had a chance for a proper flick through yet.
  • Got mine, more than flicked thru, now to look for James and Midia...
  • mine arrived, no chance to look yet.
  • mine here too
  • Mine have just arrived. Saving them for this evening!
  • Found the articles, Midia and JB, looking forward to reading them. :D
  • Mine arrived this morning. Will look at them tonight.
  • I've got a letter in WM. :) I like the look of a lot of the articles this month. Well done JB and Midia, a vintage edition!
  • Well done HM:)
  • I've just been reading mine and I think Kate Morton may have a new fan....phew! Think I might need to check her out...I mean her books, obviously.....

Congrats to all of those featured in the 2 issues.
  • Which is yours HM?

I really enjoyed James' and Midia's articles.
  • It's the last letter in WM, Liz, titled Bonus Points. It was a comment from Dorothy that made me think of writing it, so Cheers, Dorothy!
  • Hey- well done HM (for getting the letter in and for the work that you are doing!)
    The "in your dreams " bit will come true soon enough - trust me !!
  • Wheres Midia and James pieces someone? My skinning skills seem to be non existant this morning !
  • edited August 2008
    JB's article is on p.12 of Writing Magazine.
    Midia's article is on p.31 of Writers News.

I'm looking forward to reading them!
  • Well done, HM and James!
  • Well done James ! Good article. Just that now I have to change the name of my main protagonist, Anenome Starfish !! huh! :)

Off to read midia now....
  • I got mine yesturday but gonna relax with a nice cup of coffee and read it this afternoon
  • Congratulations to all contributors!
  • nice one, Midia, and liked James' one too. If I've missed any names, apologies, congrats to all who are in the magazines.