Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in November 08's magazines due out 2nd October?

edited September 2008 in - WM and WN
Who's in November 2008's magazines? The magazines are due out on 2nd October, so DON'T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don't give the ending away.

Comments

• How time flies- another edition cometh. :)
  • Flippin' 'eck, is it that time again? I'm not even half-way through October's WM yet...
  • My WF arrived today. Surely one of you is in there?
  • Do you think they will arrive tomorrow?
  • We can keep our fingers crossed
  • [quote=amboline]Flippin' 'eck, is it that time again? I'm not even half-way through October's WM yet... [/quote]

I haven't even received October's copy yet, despite numerous chase-up calls to the subscription folk...useless!
  • Just got my mags in the post. Karen phone up again!
  • Karen ring again and get them to check they have the correct address including post code.
  • Mine has just arrived.
    I'm not in there, so I'll retire for a quick scan to see who is- mentioning no names.
  • I haven't got mine yet, which is probably just as well as I have a ton of things to do for the website, today.
  • Yes, November's issue is here, so I have something to read at last.

Numerous calls to subscription office have still not produced the October copies (they've checked address etc), everytime I speak to them they lie to me ("I'll put one in the post for you today"). I daresay that four or five copies will all arrive at once at some stage in the future, in which case I'll pass them on to a deserving soul.
  • Mine arrived a few minutes ago. Had a quick scan and will read them in more depth tonight.
  • Just got back from shopping and found WN - making a cup of coffee and sitting down fora read:)
  • Mine are here, congratulations to any TBers who may in there, not spotted any in my quick look through - not much to read, as usual ... don't think I'll be taking these home.
    If anyone is reading this from WM, I am appalled at the error in the comic strip, page 7, 'you're book seems to have turned into soup ' black mark for the artist and a bigger black mark for the layout person who missed it completely. It leapt from the page at me, as it should have done with anyone used to proofing or working on a printed page.
  • edited October 2008
    You will see a familiar name in WM (not me sadly:()
    Congrats to all who feature. :)
  • I spotted a Tber, not saying where...
  • Oh I missed that one, Carol.
  • Post was late, today - mine arrived a few minutes ago.
  • There was another one I thought I saw in the same spot, but wasn't sure if the surname was right.
  • Dorothy wow that's a terrible error!
  • It is, I just had a look, too. Whata mistake-a to make-a... awful.
  • Shall we start a thread for errors in the magazines? :)
  • could do, but only if WM take good notice of it! They are very very bad with their proofing of any items.
  • It would be intended to help them of course...not to show them up. :)
  • I've spotted a couple of TBers - well done.
  • Can't you say who?
  • No, we let them announce it themselves unless we know they are away. :)
  • I am in the shortlist for the terza rima poetry competition in WM, and one of my students is shortlisted (2nd month running) in the teenage love story competition. Sadly not winners so we don't actually get our work published, but it all boosts the ego, doesn't it?
  • well done viv -and yes you are right -it does boost the ego
  • Well done to Viv and Viv's.
  • I've got a piece in Writers' Round-up, p20 WN. And that's me on the end in the green cardi!
    Well done Viv and any other winners and shorties.
  • Well done HM - you look like my sister-in-law!
  • Congratulations HM and well done Viv and Viv' student. :)
  • Congrats to Highland Midge( nice cardi like that colour) and also to Viv and student.
  • Well done, HM and Viv! :)
  • Well done everybody...Viv and HM and anyone else who has made it in to the magazine
  • Well done, Viv and HM, and any other Talkbackers in the mags!
  • Well done HM, Viv, and student of Viv's.
  • Did you notice that The Winston Graham Historical Prize got two mentions, p9 and p18.
  • Well done, HM and Viv!
  • Well done all.

HM, you're not far away from where I used to live :) Nairn beach is lovely.
  • It is, isn't it? Especially now it's autumn and out of season. (Sorry for being anti-social but I love to have an endless beach all to myself. :) )
  • Hehe, so do I :) I went there when a friend came to stay (I lived in Inverness) and it was pretty much deserted, then.
  • edited October 2008
    Well done, Viv and HM and Viv's student. :D

Mutley - Are Viv and HM the two TBers you spotted? Or are there others?!!
  • Yes they were. WEll done Viv and Highland Midge
  • Quick canvas of votes: is it worth me buying this edition (seeing I am this skint.)?
  • Well done Highland Midge, James Barrington, Viv and Viv's student :)
  • Just adding my congratulations to all who are in the current edition.
  • Congrats' to HM, Viv & James - hope to join you soon at the 'top table!'
    ;)
  • You could always have a look at it in WH Smith's to see if it is worth it. Have to say this month's seems much better than usual.