Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Where to send?

edited October 2010 in - Talkback Help Pages
Hi All,

Hope someone can help. I recently wrote a black lace short story that was intended for Scarlet magazine, which I believe has now ceased trading. Does anyone know of any other magazines that take erotica? It isn't anything hardcore but obviously not acceptable for mainstream. Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions.

Comments

• http://www.erotica-readers.com/ERA/G/Call_For_Submissions.htm

Hi, Lainey. Welcome to Talkback. Maybe there's something on the above website that will do.
  • Have you tried the Writers' & Artists' Yearbook?
  • wselcome. Desire magazine is still publishing. Try them.
  • Send it to me I could do with a little spice.
  • edited October 2010
    What's the finished length?

No cheeky remarks boys- I mean word length...:)
  • Doesn't that depend on the word?
  • Oh, welcome by the way Lainey!
  • Yes, hello Lainey. :)
  • Carol, have you heard of Jake (sorry Kateyanne) Arnott's book? The Long Firm? It always sounds as if a noun's missing. Probably on purpose.
  • No, not come across that one...:)
  • Hi Everyone, Thanks for your kind messages of 'welcome'. I shall definitely take a look at the Web-site you provided
    Jay and also take a look at Desire magazine, thank-you both. I do have this years Writers and Artists' yearbook but it seems to be quite a difficult genre to place. It's not my 'normal' choice of writing but it was part of my course work. The overall length is 1,500 words.

I would forward it to you SilentTony - but it is quite 'hot' and I wouldn't want to be blamed for any medical repercussions!!!