Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in May 2011's magazines due out soon?

edited March 2011 in - WM and WN
(Webbo - hope you don't mind me posting it here.)

Who's in May 2011’s magazines? The magazines probably won’t be out for a few days so DON'T EXPECT THEM JUST YET.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don't give the ending away.

Comments

• Gosh has new magazine time come round again already?
  • Just what I was thinking PBW.
  • I've just sorted my magazine rack out and I must have at least six waiting to be read. Shall have to pull my finger out and get caught up.
  • doesn;t time fly - last months is still on the kitchen table waiting to be read
  • [quote=paperbackwriter]Gosh has new magazine time come round again already? [/quote]

Actually, I think you'll find it's been and gone. According to April's issue, by a strange feat of temporal engineering this was due to be published 3rd March!!

Humour aside, what is the publication date for the May issue please?
  • [quote=Chap With Wings]Actually, I think you'll find it's been and gone. According to April's issue, by a strange feat of temporal engineering this was due to be published 3rd March!![/quote]

Yes, we saw that. It was mentioned on last month's magazine thread...:)

Well this Thursday would be 31st March, otherwise next week will be 7th May.
  • edited March 2011
    Hi, Chap With Wings. Welcome to Talkback. There's just time to enter the One Word Challenge if you haven't already.

P.S. I think Carol means April, not May. That strange feat of temporal engineering strikes again. :)
  • Thanks Jay- I must have been tired not to notice that...;)
  • So the mag is out this week. I wish it regularly turned up two days before it appears in the shops rather than on the day or a couple of days after...
  • That's good to know Carol. I always feel inspired after reading it, but recently there seems to be the same old articles appearing that seem re-hashed somehow.
  • Perhaps we're just jaded. :)
  • Been reading the mags too long...
  • Have been thinking I may have been reading them too long - but I still keep subscribing!
  • I bought a new pair of slippers this week. :)
  • Same old soles, rehashed...
  • I've found it much improved recently - but maybe I haven't been reading it as long as some of you!
  • The mag has just arrived! I am in the middle of editing a short story of mine; will not get anything done now.
  • I have spotted a familiar name, from here, already!
  • Hope mine comes in time for lunch!
  • mine haven't arrived yet.
    I think for some of us, who have been subscribing forever, the magazine doesn't have much to offer,.
    My daughter picked up the last copy and wanted to know who thought stapling a different magazine inside was a good idea ... she said she had never seen anything so silly, why not just make it one? (unquote)
    I do agree with her 100%. You cannot pull it out (and why should you?) and really it all needs such a massive overhaul it isn't true. I'm on the point of stopping my sub for the second time.
  • The May mag arrived today. I am in the Members' News pages holding my book Christ in Exodus. Another TBer is on the same page.
  • Congratulations, Stan!
  • Well done, Stan!
  • I saw the article, Stan, well done!
  • New mag just arrived.
  • good one, Stan!
  • Got it! Now I can have lunch.
  • Lunch and munch?
  • Mine hasn't arrived yet.
    Well done Stan.
  • I hope Carol that yours soon arrives.
  • Probably tomorrow or Friday- we seem to get a bulk delivery twice a week Tuesday and Friday...
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]I've found it much improved recently - but maybe I haven't been reading it as long as some of you! [/quote]

I agree, I think for people new to writing, or writers new to writing mags, it's ideal.

Dorothy, I've not had a problem pulling WNews out, it comes out in one for me. Only problem I have is not being able to subscribe to one and not the other. :(

Congratulations Stan.
  • edited April 2011
    Well done, Stan - and also the other TBer!
  • Yes, I saw them too!
  • Dora, I remember earlier people said they could pull the mag out without problem, my question is to WN, why should we have to do that? I also recall some said they couldn't. It's a fool idea and doesn't work as a marketing tool, IMO. You should still be able to subscribe separately, it's a crafty marketing move on their part to make sure you don't.
  • Nothing wrong with making "crafty" marketing moves dorothy when one has a business to run.

But if that really is the case for the joint move, it's certainly made sure I don't subscribe separately.
  • WN was only meant to be available by subscription, while WM is available in shops etc.
    I couldn't get WN out from inside the magazine without ripping it.
  • Well done Stan, the other TBer and the one short listed in the Christmas poem :)
  • I agree, Dora, but not at the expense of the subscribers, some have supported them for many years now, like idiotic me!
  • I don't see subscribing to the Mag as idiotic, but as it has served it's purpose for me, that's it now. I've some very useful pages to re-read at a later date when the mood takes me (especially Stuart Palmer from 2010).

Mine has arrived, and I ripped out WN easily.

I see YOU Stan :) you look different to the pic I saw in there years ago :)

Congratulations to the other TBer. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Yay! I am shortlisted in the Christmas Poetry comp on page 31 of WM.
  • Well done Stan!
  • I see YOU Stan you look different to the pic I saw in there years ago - dora wrote. Well I am older!!
  • Well done Kateanne - let's hope that next time, you are the winner!
  • Where is the other TBer?!
  • Congratulations, Kateyanne!
  • congratulations, Kateyanne!

Dora, I am an idiot for subscribing for 20 years (near enough) to something I don't like very much, just for support!
    I still don't see WHY we have to take WN out! It should be separate!
    WN, are you listening?
  • [quote=kateyanne]Yay! I am shortlisted in the Christmas Poetry comp on page 31 of WM. [/quote]

You were the first one I spotted, Kateyanne, then Stan. Well done!

There is another TBer in there that hasn't come forward yet.
  • Well done Kateyanne.