Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in July 2012's magazines due out 7th June?

edited May 2012 in - WM and WN
Who’s in July 2012’s magazines? The magazines are due out Thursday 7th June, but they might be sent out earlier.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• My magazine's arrived.
  • Mine too! Been enjoying it.
  • Oh, already spotted a well known person here on the letters page. Correction, a letter by them. Not them, obviously. Although that would be nice. But weird.
  • My post has arrived early, but no magazines, so perhaps tomorrow.
  • Mine has just arrived. Going to have a cuppa and have a quick look through.
  • Gosh, we haven't even got ours yet! Enjoy.
  • Last month you said this month's delivery was meant to be at the end of this month, Webbo. :D
    So presumably 1st July's delivery will be earlier too. :)
  • According to my schedule, this issue was supposed to be sent out today. You must just all live close to the depot!
  • South of Bristol? Really?
  • In June's magazine, it says that the July issue is on sale 7th June!
  • I got mine!
  • That is correct Jay, it's at newsstands on 7 June, but we make sure that subscribers get theirs early. Very early by the looks of it.
  • I suppose with the long Jubilee weekend it's out early.
  • Good point, we all know how the post gets held up by up to a week whenever there's a public holiday...

I actually like getting it this early-well I will do when mine arrives. :)
  • Mine hasn't come yet - time travel machine must be on the blink again!
  • [quote=Liz!]Oh, already spotted a well known person here on the letters page.[/quote]

Mine arrived this morning. I'm reading it now. I spotted that letter, too, Liz.

I've seen pieces by a number of TBers already.
  • I've got mine too. I'm sure I recognise two names on the letter pages, but I may be mistaken.
  • I got mine today, haven't looked through yet, but will do this evening
  • Still waitng for mine!
  • Hope they'll be waiting for me when I get back from yoga tomorrow morning.
  • Mine has just arrived today too. It's the first time for me as a subscriber, having bought it off the shelf every month before.
  • I haven't got mine yet and I'm oly 40 miles from JohnWho63. I recently changed to direct debit instead of cheque - hope I get it.
  • I'm paying for mine by direct debit too, indeed I pay for most things that way. B Darter, it's interesting that you are only 40 miles away. May I ask where abouts? I quite understand if you don't want to say. I hope you get your WM too.
  • Mine didn't come today :(
  • I've not had mine yet. Think they must be sent out in a different order each time.
  • Maybe the postman in your areas KA and PM, walks more slowly than everyone else's postman?
  • Our postman walks slower than a funeral march, of which I've been in many, as it's usually between 11.30am and 1pm when our post arrives. When I was a kid it was on the mat at 7.30am.
  • Mine arrived yesterday! But I haven't even opened last month's yet. Someone give me a holiday please so I can soak it all up? Anyone...?
  • I bet our postman is slower than your postman, JW63. Actually she's a woman, and she drives a yellow van from which she only emerges under extreme protest. She told us to put our postbox on the corner of the house nearest the road, so that she wouldn't be forced to drive into the little lane that only leads to us and to the holiday cottages at the bottom (though she drives down it to deliver the post there in the summer). Our mail arrives somewhere around 1.30pm. And so far, no WM!
    When you were a kid, there were two postal deliveries, by the way. Ah, those were the days...
  • [quote=bertiebear]Actually she's a woman, and she drives a yellow van[/quote]

Facteuse Patrice?
  • [quote=bertiebear]When you were a kid, there were two postal deliveries, by the way. Ah, those were the days...[/quote]

Yes indeed there was, and now the only post of the day arrives later than the second post used to do. Your postwoman sounds like she's related to a sloth.
  • [quote=JohnWho63]Your postwoman sounds like she's related to a sloth.
    [/quote]

That's a bit harsh, John. I suspect it's a bit of a difficult drive down a narrow little lane is it, BB? That would add a quite a bit of time to her hours delivering to your home.

You may not find it difficult accessing your home down a lane, but imagine how many more of those she has to deliver to. Surely helping her by putting a box where it's easier for her to leave your items, ie anything that makes her life easier, thus gets your post to you quicker, is a good thing isn't it?
  • Spotted a couple more TB's when I was sat outside for an hour reading the magazine.

I think I was up to 5 or 6 TB's.
  • [quote=dora]That's a bit harsh, John. I suspect it's a bit of a difficult drive down a narrow little lane is it, BB? That would add a quite a bit of time to her hours delivering to your home.

You may not find it difficult accessing your home down a lane, but imagine how many more of those she has to deliver to. Surely helping her by putting a box where it's easier for her to leave your items, ie anything that makes her life easier, thus gets your post to you quicker, is a good thing isn't it?[/quote]

True. I only meant in the context of being slow though, not in any derogatory way. Perhaps a tortoise would have been a better analogy.
  • We get two deliveries sometimes.
  • edited May 2012
    WN page 6 - there's a 'flash' about The London Screenwriters Festival:

http://www.londonscreenwritersfestival.com/50-kisses/

They suggest looking at the Bang2Write website. Be warned: some strange things happened when I did.

Anyone got any ideas? Webbo?
  • My magazine has arrived.
  • So has mine! Now where is that 'Do Not Disturb' sign?
  • edited May 2012
    [quote=Jay Mandal]Be warned: some strange things happened when I did.[/quote]
    Looks like a badly or unformatted web page to me, but nothing particularly strange... ignore the form – for some reason they've introduced a second page to have to click through to get what you want - the link you want is in red towards the top, or helpfully pasted here: http://www.londonscreenwritersfestival.com/assets/Bang2write_FORMAT-TEMPLATE-1.pdf
    Or was there something more unusual Jay?
  • Gone 2pm but I'm sure I just heard the postman, fingers crossed he has brought my copy of the latest Writing Magazine...looking forward to reading it, I've found the content greatly improved and more relevant/interesting these past few months - thanks JT and Team
  • edited May 2012
    Mine hasn't arrived yet.. then again, seeing as I thought yesterday was Sunday.. despite having a 7am Parcelforce delivery turn up, I wasn't expecting any post.. exacerbated by the fact that we didn't get any post.

What is it about shifts that messes with your brain? today is both Wednesday and Monday!

ETA.. My wife reliably informs me it is now here.. roll on 6:30 so i can get home and read it... (not that I am on here at work.. no!)
  • Thanks, Webbo. It might have been the HERE link I clicked on (for the PDF guide). A voice started speaking, although I thought the computer's sound was off.
  • I got mine this morning. Hurrah
  • I got mine this morning.... be busy working on my crime story for WM short story competition. I know I've left it a bit late, but who knows when the Muses will hit you striaght between the eyes.
  • Mine has arrived!
  • I got my magazine this morning. Lots of lovely TBs in there. Well done, everybody:)
  • So which TB is going to announce their inclusion first? :)
  • I've spotted two lovely TBers so far!

Under the Microscope brilliant as usual. I'm learning so much just from this one article each month.
  • Just got mine - and discovered that Coventry Writers' Group have won first prize in the WM Anthology competition, for our book 'Coventry Tales'. So pleased about this! It'll be a great encouragement to all the contributors.

We are on p.13. Yours truly, if you're interested, is in the second row, far right of the picture.

Our book is on Amazon at
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coventry-Tales-best-known-up-coming/dp/1907670149

also available as a Kindle download.

(Yours truly is also chuffed cos she did the proofreading! :) )
  • Congratulations Rosalie to you and your Writers' group.