Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Webbo

edited August 2012 in - Talkback Help Pages
I spoke to Webbo a couple of weeks ago and hey! guess what? He's not a robot! He was very helpful and patient. I imagine him to be late 20's to early 30's, tall, slim and with blond hair and not a trace of metal in sight. Am I right????

Comments

• No. He is slim. But dark. Could be early 30s. But could be fooling us ALL!!!!!
  • There's a nice picture and an interview with him here I just found...

http://theliteraryproject.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/interview-with-jonathan-telfer.html
  • [quote=JillMac]not a trace of metal in sight. Am I right???? [/quote]

Not quite, he needs nerves of steel on here!

;)
  • OK Liz, I don't want to spoil my illusion (delusion?) of Webbo so I'm not going to look at his picture. But is he really the same person as the ed of Writing Mag? Aaaagh, life holds no mysteries these days.
  • But thinking about it, Liz - you're not Webbo, are you????
  • There's an interview with him here too. http://patsy-collins.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/jonathans-here.html
  • Oh so that's Webbo....
  • Sometimes...
  • edited August 2012
    I thought maybe he was a 905 years old Time Lord, hence his great wisdom.
  • Do you mean to tell me that JT and Webbo are one and the same? Duel personality and all that jazz?
    Well blow me down. You'll be telling me next that more than one person judges the competitions.
    :)
  • Yes, we are in the terrifically privileged position of having an editor of WM and WN as our very own Webbo. I suspect the other one who sometimes posts when JT is in absentia is female. But I don't really know.
  • And we try so hard to maintain the mystique.
    A spot of history - we came up with Webbo as a way for numerous people to be on Talkback while still having one "person" that users could get used to. In practice, since day one, I was the only one who really understood how the admin system worked, so I was the only one who ever did anything. So yes, webbo is almost entirely JT. Every now and then, as Liz points out, you do get a bit of one or two others, usually ladies.

[quote=JillMac]I imagine him to be late 20's to early 30's, tall, slim and with blond hair and not a trace of metal in sight. [/quote]
    You're too kind. To correct those misapprehensions - late 30s (sob), short, getting rounder every day, mousey hair, several fillings.
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Webbo, or so they say...and we love you. Just the way you are.
  • Webbo - what's wrong with being "late 30s"?
    You are a mere child!
    *checks behind Webbo's ears for signs of moisture*
    :D
  • [quote=Webbo]You're too kind. To correct those misapprehensions - late 30s (sob), short, getting rounder every day, mousey hair, several fillings.[/quote]

No, we don't believe you.

At least you've got your own tooth.
  • [quote=Webbo]You're too kind. To correct those misapprehensions - late 30s (sob), short, getting rounder every day, mousey hair, several fillings.[/quote]

You're younger than quite a few of us, so enjoy it while you can...;)
  • the mystery was nice while it lasted. If i'd known i was speaking to a real live editor i'd have been very nervous!