Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Problems uploading entry to Writer's News Compeitition

edited June 2014 in - Website Problems
I don't see an upload button after I've 'browsed' and attached my entry for the May 2014 competition. Closing date is today but I've been trying for 2 days. Any ideas?
I have used the site before but not recently so has something changed? Is it me or does this happen often?
Thanks

Comments

• I can't help, but I've 'flagged' your query in the hope that a moderator or Webbo might be around.
  • Have you signed in to the writers-online log-in?

(You can't use your Talkback details for that.)
  • I can't log in to that part of the site at all.
  • I wonder if the tech department are using weekends to do maintenance?
  • Hi all
    Yes logged into main site-just no 'upload' button. Bit miffed as it's the first competition I've entered for a while. I'll hope for the best [-O<
  • Hello stranger - how nice to see you again. Are you back with us - or just paying a fleeting visit? :)
  • Thanks Claudia-we'll see how it goes. Life's difficult at the moment-trying to write but it's like wading through treacle :-S
  • When I used to enter those competitions I always had problems uploading - I think it's some kind of endurance test to eliminate the weaklings!
  • Hi Lizy-maybe it should have been sorted out by now then :) I emailed the competitions editor because it's still the same
  • I'm sure I remember Webbo saying it was being worked on, some time ago.

• He did, Carol.
  • Hello, and sorry if anyone has been experiencing problems. Webbo will be back on Wednesday - please bear with us and we'll do our best to provide solutions!
  • No worries I've had a reply from Bernadette and we have at least sorted out this month's competition. Definitely a problem though as I can't sign in through the main web page-only on the actual competitions page. Thanks for looking at this for though it's much appreciated. Hopefully by next month it will be resolved ;)
  • Not resolved. Just tried to upload something else. Can't even log-in on the front screen. Not very impressive :(
  • One does wonder how many other people are put off by this perennial problem. A hard-to-access site is a real no-no, whether one is a business, a group, or an individual.
  • Does it happen on a Monday-Friday too?

Because whenever people have problems it's always a weekend. Not saying it doesn't happen during the week, but...
  • One does wonder how many other people are put off by this perennial problem. A hard-to-access site is a real no-no, whether one is a business, a group, or an individual.
    It does put people off, Lizy. Problems for the online option for the WM comps raises its head regularly enough to have put me off attempting it I'm afraid.
  • Red Lucy, please could you email me your username, real name and postcode: [email protected]
    Thank you!
  • I've been absent so only just seen this Webbo-I worked out what the problem was and in this instance it was something I didn't have activated on the laptop. Sorry I didn't reply :(
  • It always seems better to send entries on a weekday.