Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Error: You're not authroised to do that

edited July 2014 in - Website Problems
That was the message that flashed up when I tried to post on a thread earlier (and I was signed in properly). I logged out and came back again and it's okay, but I think someone else mentioned the same thing yesterday.

Comments

• Oo-er! I had to sign in a couple of days ago.

It always worries me when TB says "Looks like you're new here."
    How long do I have to be a member before it recognises me?

*sobs*
  • If you women would stop having make-overs, there wouldn't be a problem ;))
  • It's the sunglasses.
  • HA wrote on 27th July:

'in fact this is the exact message:

Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.'

That was it - not what I said in the title, but it had gone away by the time I wrote that, and it fell through the holes in the Swiss Cheese Brain.

• Oo-er! I had to sign in a couple of days ago.

It always worries me when TB says "Looks like you're new here."
    How long do I have to be a member before it recognises me?

*sobs*
    Lizy - if it does it every time, you've got cookies disabled on your browser. If it only happens occasionally, it may be that the cookie has expired - but they should last the same amount of time for everyone, and I don't remember the last time I had to log in (apart from tonight - this is the first time I've used TB on my MacBook Pro in months).

• Liz - I have never understood cookies.
    As it only happenes once every couple of months I shall live with it rather than try to investigate the cause, though from what you say about the infrequency of your similar problem I am entitled to my paranoia!
  • I get the cookies message every day, In Portugal your IP address are changed daily,
  • Fine lot you are - not one of you has spotted the typo in the title of this post. Me neither - *smacks self* - until this morning. Standards aren't what they was.
  • I thought it was deliberate. :O)
  • I spotted it, but I was much too polite to say. O:-)
  • Of course it was, Carol. *hard to type with fingers crossed behind back and one eye looking out for lightning*
  • I spotted it, too.

*awards self medal*
  • SM, now, you know what happens to little boys who tell fibs?
    TN, polish that well-deserved medal.
  • *huffs and buffs*
  • I did so spot it! o->
  • I spotted it, but as that is the accent round here thought you did it on purpose.
  • Fine lot you are - not one of you has spotted the typo in the title of this post. Me neither - *smacks self* - until this morning. Standards aren't what they was.

Thought you were channelling your Irish character for our enjoyment, Mrs B.
  • Sure, and I will be doing that, dora. With a shillelagh under me arm, and the wearing of the green. Begorrah. (The spell checker offers Gomorrah in exchange for that little bit of cod-Irishness.)
  • We all spotted it but didn't like to say.

How awfully British we are!
    Even those who aren't.