Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Rain's due here just after midnight. I can see it just coming into view on Rain Alarm.

http://www.rain-alarm.com/
  • Glorious day at Cholmondeley Castle Gardens in Cheshire today. Now in my garden enjoying the evening sun. Not looked at the forecast for tomorrow yet.
  • Just seen a weather warning for our postcode. Eeek!

Where's me wellies?

Actually, where's me canoe?
  • Dry, with dark clouds on the horizon.
  • Have had rain, now it's just 'damp'.
  • Breezy, overcast, but no rain -yet. :(
  • Glorious sunny day yesterday... sun & cloud today, but still pretty fab.
  • Whree's the torrential rain, huh?
  • Better be bloody sunny this weekend! I'm off to City Beach in Leeds (think sand and palm trees dumped in the centre of town), and having a Fun in the Sun BBQ day at mine on Sunday (of course you're invited, Webbo :P )
  • Whree's the torrential rain, huh?
    Essex.

• And Surrey.

It's so dark my outside sensor light has been on all morning.
  • Raining (S. Bucks), but not torrential.
  • No rain yet, here.
  • Very dull and humid here. Rain forecast for this evening with the possibility of thunder.
  • Got utterly soaked walking my rounds.

Very unpleasant here in Essex :(
  • Oh no! Heading to Stansted Airport in a minute...
  • It did indeed happen last night. Torrential rain so loud it drowned out the thunder, lightning flashing like a belisha beacon. When the first storm started at around 6pm, it was kettle-drum thunder. The second arrived at 2.35am. Fortunately it wasn't overhead.
  • Been garden centering with Mum today - fortunately the rain didn't start bucketing until after we'd done the outside bits - it's now grey, muggy and mizzling.
  • Dark clouds are forming. We had a slight fall of rain that lasted less than 30 seconds about 7.30.
  • Still gorgeous here - makes a change that I'm enjoying sunshine in Ireland while you're enduring rain in the UK.
  • Pouring with rain here! Well they did say it was coming.
  • Yes, they did, and its flippin' poring down.
  • Pouring in Dorset. Very dark.

:(
  • Wet. Soggy. Boggy. Dark. If we drove an hour to the south, we'd be out of it - so the tourists can't complain. This is why it's best to have a holiday cottage if one comes to Brittany.
  • Awoke to another glorious, sunny day... whatever is going on with our weather patterns?
  • Was raining overnight, and now is a continuing steady rainfall.

As I can see the butterfly bush out my office window, between two branches there is a small cobweb, and the raindrops have clung and highlighted the web.
  • Been p*ssing down here, rippling down the drives and the road. Fishpond is close to overflowing, I think the fish need life-jackets.
  • Well, donkey balls! It's raining...Beach day and BBQ day are going to be fun :S
  • Been p*ssing down here, rippling down the drives and the road. Fishpond is close to overflowing, I think the fish need life-jackets.
    Time to start baling, sm!

Last night in Vilaflor was a washout, literally - too much cloud and rain even a mile and a half above sea level to see the perseids, not a star in sight, and we got drenched.

It was, nevertheless, amazing to be on the mountain at night. Daughter and SIL and I walked - very carefully - in the pitch dark along the carpark road to the regular viewing point from where we saw the iconic finger rock and the peak of Mount Teide silhouetted against the lightning flashes. Then we drank wine - watered down by the rain - from plastic cups and ate bags of crisps. It was lovely to be cool and wet!

OH sat in the hotel's minibus and went to sleep.

Now we are back home a mere 300 metres above sea level and it's steaming hot again.
  • Still pouring here. Hasn't stopped all morning. At least my grass is looking green!
  • Sounds lovely, Lizy! It's just gently showering occasionally here. Still, it's not cricket in August, is it?
  • Sort of stopped - just popped to the bank and there was a fine misty rain in the air.
  • Still drizzly rain.
  • Cars have their wipers on. Hopefully it won't be too bad when I walk to the pub...
  • Drizzling here, too. on and off. i'm doing housework... found out why my shirt has dangly bits on the arms, I'm wearing it inside out. Went to the WI like it.
  • What's that? A break in the cloud? A spot of sunshine? Went into town and there have been numerous road accidents because of the wet.
  • Dry now. Just been for walk with Sammi. Good forecast for tomorrow.
  • Walked to the pub in torrential rain. Didn't see anyone else - we walked across the fields. It had stopped by the time we reached the pub and we were able to sit outside. Walked back and it was lovely - clear sky. Trousers were wet.
  • It was so wet here yesterday that my friend fell and broke her shoulder, and when she sent me a text to ask if I could take her to Outpatients I was a vertical mile away.
    she's been strapped upetc but I am sad I couldn't help, though pleased I was the first person she thought of.
    Now the weather has returned to normal - clear and hot. I am trying not to resent those people who booked their mountai star-gazing trip for tonight.
  • She'll have to find another first port of call now anyway, I guess. Good practise. Hope she's ok now.
  • Feel like haven't seen the sun for six months. Rain, wet, cold, frosts, snow,
    on and on and on. This, in sunny New Zealand.
    Perhaps I should have stayed in UK sixty years ago.
  • Looking okay for now. Hopefully we won't be getting Pongo's weather just yet!
  • Feel like haven't seen the sun for six months. Rain, wet, cold, frosts, snow,
    on and on and on. This, in sunny New Zealand.
    Perhaps I should have stayed in UK sixty years ago.
    The whole world's up the creek right now - apparently it's the fault of El Nino. Bloody kid always was trouble!

• Sunshine and a gentle breeze.
  • Sunshine, fluffy clouds, breeze. My feet are in the sun on the carpet and it's pure pleasure.
  • Had to hose down the terrace to get rid of the mud spots left by the rain. Now the washing that I put out two hours ago is bone dry and the sky is clear blue. I am sitting by a fan. That, too, Mrs Bear, is sheer bliss!
  • Ate lunch in the garden! It was hot (not the lunch)!
  • Sunny here with a nice gentle breeze.