Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Site going down

edited January 2016 in - WM and WN
Our whole website is, unfortunately, going to be down for critical maintenance for a few hours today. Sorry for the inconvenience. TB while you can and then it's probably time to get some writing done!

Comments

• No!

That means at break times we decamp to the Facebook group.

Might be a good idea to put a message on their too Webbo, in case the site goes out before some TBs see this message.
  • I'm not in that gang. I was rejected.

:(
  • Rejected?? Whaaaa
  • I'm not in that gang. I was rejected.

:(
    I'm not in that gang either. (I wasn't rejected, I only use facebook for personal friends and family stuff.)
  • Try again, Baggy!
  • Is anyone else finding posts and pages are loading slowly?
  • Try again, Baggy!
    I think I waste enough time on Facebook and TB as it is. Do I need more distractions...?

Is anyone else finding posts and pages are loading slowly?
    Not at the moment.

• If you're reading this, you no longer need me to be here to post this message saying we're back, so I'm not going to. Enjoy!
  • Obviously it was the penultimate test issue. Loading okay now.
  • Bah. Missed all the fun.
  • Site surfacing. Up scope - check for enemy shipping!
  • I think I waste enough time on Facebook and TB as it is. Do I need more distractions...?
    Always! :D
  • What happens in this 'group', BR?
  • Secret stuff.
  • That's good.

>-)
  • Some of it is. Some's a bit more :ar!
  • That's bad.

X_X
  • I like it there, particularly br's games. Of course, no-one has a pseudonym there. We are all out in the open. Everything is out in the open. Except for the secrets.
  • I'm not in any groups for fun. Even my Ancient Rome group is serious. And the one for Victorian stained glass windows is always serious. I dropped out of the graves and headstone appreciation group, but only because I didn't have time to post my photos.
  • That explains why I couldn't get on earlier.
    I just gave up and wrote a story.
  • You did what? Good grief. Webbo ought to pull the plug more often.
  • Wassss garn on?
  • You may well ask, dora. Webbo claims site maintenance. I am fairy suspicious that spy cameras have been planted on certain threads.
  • I read on the mag's Facebook page they were testing a Mac interface. Something to do with networking and webcams. Looks like the Mac users are being watched...
  • You may well ask, dora. Webbo claims site maintenance. I am fairy suspicious that spy cameras have been planted on certain threads.

Pffft! You don't know the half of it, Liz.
    "fairy suspicious"?

Does this explain the ethereal nature of Liz's poetry?

• *Horrified she has let the cat out of the bag*
  • I read on the mag's Facebook page they were testing a Mac interface. Something to do with networking and webcams. Looks like the Mac users are being watched...
  • You aren't a member of the Facebook page, remember?
  • I'm not a member of the group, I do follow the magazine's page.
  • *shocked*
  • I know. I'm a beta tester for the Mac interface. They asked for volunteers at Christmas.
  • Ah! You can see what I'm doing now, then.
  • No, once the testing was complete everything was disabled. That's why the site needed the maintenance. Webbo had to be sure all the cams were closed.