Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Creative writing study

edited July 2017 in - Resources
Hi, I'm Anna. I’m writing in association with Canterbury Christ Church University, on behalf of Dr Ian Hocking. We are looking for participants to join us in a new scientific study, aiming to find ways to improve writers’ creativity. During the study, we ask you to generate story ideas, and write two very short stories which may help you in your own writing.

The study will take around 30 minutes of your time and, although no payment is available, Dr Hocking can provide feedback on your results if requested. Your personal details will remain anonymous. Many thanks in advance for your contribution to this study.

Please follow this link to complete the study: https://cccusocialsciences.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_diqQf1RwlZDsD6B

For more information, please contact:
Dr Ian Hocking [[email protected]], Tel. +44 (0)1227 767779 ext 3277
Senior Lecturer in Psychology, School of Psychology, Politics, and Sociology
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury, Kent
CT1 1QU
UK

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Flagged
  • I think this is genuine, Lizy. I have had a look at it.
  • Me, too. It looks genuine, it sounds genuine and it is genuine. For a start it's grammatical, (for goodness sakes, there's an apostrophe after writers') and isn't trying to sell sunglasses.
  • If anyone wants to take part, fine. But I have better things to do with my creativity...
  • For a start it's grammatical, (for goodness sakes, there's an apostrophe after writers')
    =D>
  • So in 30 minutes you are asked to write 2 stories, no payment, might get feedback?
    That's what made me suspicious, plus having recently been infected by a dodgy link.
  • I quite like the idea of a study into improving creativity though.
  • Sounds interesting.
  • I thoroughly enjoyed it.