Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Script binding kit

Hi folks

I’m after a script binding kit but they’re as rare as hens teeth. Seemingly. 

I’m sure you clever people can advise accordingly? 

With thanks. 

Comments

• Don't know if this helps, authorphile:

http://www.craftyscreenwriting.com/binding.html

p.s. welcome to talkback!
  • Thanks for the reply.

I know how it’s done but it’s proving difficult to get the right products. I would have thought some entrepreneur would be selling all the products as a kit. I’ve asked the Writers Store in LA if they sell them (apparently they used to) and am awaiting a reply, but the postage will probably be prohibitively expensive for someone on a very small budget. 

Im surprised it’s proving to get hold of something seemingly so simple. 
  • I've asked an old talkback member who is a script writer if she has any useful information. I'll let you know what she says.
  • Claudia said:
    I've asked an old talkback member who is a script writer if she has any useful information. I'll let you know what she says.

Here's her reply:
    Not an absolute clue. I thought everyone sent scripts by email in pdf format these days. Printed scripts aren't usually bound. They are punched with three holes, and fixed with brass "brads" through the top and bottom holes, centre hole left empty. that was the convention. I guess a good stationer shop or print shop should be able to do it.

Hope that helps, authorphile.
  • What does it take to attract and keep new members?
    I asked another writer for an answer to the question and that person took the trouble to reply, yet this newbie never bothered to log in again.

*sighs*