Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

voice recognition software

hi all : 
ive broken both bones in my arm and expect to be plastered  [hic!] for 8 weeks... then light typing another month. anyone out there using voice recognition software?
jo

Comments

• Not used it myself, but this article has some helpful options.

https://zapier.com/blog/best-text-dictation-software/
  • Dragon is supposed to be good. If you have a mac it has its own already which is excellent.
  • I did use Dragon some time ago and found it poor, but I understand the newer version has vastly improved. Must be frustrating for you joscott?
  • Looking at Jo's profile page, he/she hasn't been back since posting the question! How strange.
  • I sometimes wonder if comments are made by Writing Mag staff, Claudia, lol, if TB has gone a bit quiet.  
  • dora said:
    I sometimes wonder if comments are made by Writing Mag staff, Claudia, lol, if TB has gone a bit quiet.  
    Blimey! I've never considered that! 
  • I am please that someone posted this, I have click on the link Carol gave and gone ahead and purchased Nuance Dragon 15 Pro. It took a while to down load but WOW it is good I just read a small sentence and that what it, no training opened up a story I am working on and clicked the microphone symbol and it worked great. for those who may be interested here is a YouTube demo. 
     For me personally, I am not a fast typist, this give me more time to look at the screen rather than the keyboard so less mistakes. I did try a online typing course, but the bad hand injury ( Severed Finger) I had many years ago still effects my movement.

• That looks good. Do keep us updated on how you get on with it as it's always helpful to hear from someone who's using it. :)
  • Carol said:
    That looks good. Do keep us updated on how you get on with it as it's always helpful to hear from someone who's using it. :)

I will do Carol, also another feature in it, is the audio ability to read it back to you, so you can hear if it sounds like a sticky sentence.
  • That's always helpful.