Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Another dull day, but it's dry and only a few small patches of snow remain to melt.
  • Nice and bright. I've opened the windows for a blast of cold air. 
  • Wet and breezy. Not necessarily cold - just grim. 
  • Dark and yucky.
  • Cloudy, damp, milder.
  • sunny wunny woo hoo yaay  

• Cloud cover, and it's that damp cold air.
  • Cloudy here. 
  • Wet and windy enough to blow the umbrella inside-out.
  • Rain and windy
  • Wet, wet, wet. Not stopped raining since 6am. Still pouring.
  • Nice day for the ducks
  • Anyone got snow?

We still have rain, but apparently it's snowing in Manchester.
  • Wet and windy in Dorset.
  • Blowing up for a real gale, by the sound of it.
  • Windy, but the rain has passed. Now have the sun breaking through the clouds and shining into my office window.
  • Cold, pale blue sky and the sun is creating a bright patch. 
  • edited January 2021
    Larvely day out there darlings, sooooper.   And it's Friday, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaya
  • Cool but lovely day otherwise.

• Cold but not icy. Cars are still frozen. Heavy snow forecast for tomorrow. 
  • We have had sleet, snow, hail and thunder so far this morning. Looks pretty out there. :(
  • Sun filtered through the oncoming clouds. The blue bits of sky I can see are getting smaller.
  • Freezing fog first thing but sun is now hazy in the clearing fog
  • Complete cloud cover since fifteen minutes ago. Expecting rain anytime.
  • Blew a snowy gale minutes ago.  Huge flakes. Developing into rain now. Is not cold at all. 
  • Sunny now.
  • Same here. Very bright.
  • The huge flakes didn't last long, and we've had rain since then.

It's brighter than it was, but still complete cloud cover, and it's chilly.

• Cold and frosty. Glad I bought an ice mat for the front path.
  • Spring is just around the corner.
  • We had a dusting overnight. Looks pretty but it's already melting. 
  • Heavy frost everywhere.
  • Frosty earlier. Snowing now.
  • Still snowing. 
  • We have snow, the tiny flakes at the moment, but seeing the occasional bigger flake.

• Nice out - warm in the sun. 
  • We had two or three inches of snow earlier this morning but now dropping off branches in big dollops. Will be treacherous underfoot as everywhere was wet yesterday and freezing at midnight. Glad I can stay indoors. Scenes are not as pretty as usual from the windows as the fields are flooded still rather than white. People who have lived in the village all their often long lives say they used to be able to skate on the fields in the past.
  • Dull and snowing again here, it came down heavy yesterday, even though google assured me it wasn't going to snow. I don't think there will be much today but at least I don't have to go and drop any commissions off today.
  • Getting thicker snow now and it's coming down at a steady rate and settling on surfaces. Sky looks to have plenty to fall still.
  • Oh dear.  Getting thicker and thicker.  

Bit like me day after day.
  • Yes, it's building up a thick layer of snow now on every surface, and it looks like there's plenty more to come, looking at the sky.
  • Stopped snowing here. Seems to be clearing.
  • I think the snow has got caught in the valley here. The snow has become so heavy on a few of the branches that snow has dropped off the ends.
  • Carol said:
    I think the snow has got caught in the valley here. The snow has become so heavy on a few of the branches that snow has dropped off the ends.
    And I said that there wouldn't be many, shows what sort of weatherman I'd be :)
  • Because we're not far from the river we don't usually get heavy snow compared to the higher areas.  Except when the front comes up from the south or straight across from the west. 

It's also cold, so it will probably still be here in the morning, even if the snow stops.
  • Carol said:
    Because we're not far from the river we don't usually get heavy snow compared to the higher areas.  Except when the front comes up from the south or straight across from the west. 

It's also cold, so it will probably still be here in the morning, even if the snow stops.
    So so glad I don't have to go to work anymore, I'd normally be on late night tonight.

• Yes.  One of the positives of lockdown.