Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in March 09's magazines due out 5th February?

edited February 2009 in - WM and WN
Who's in March 2009’s magazines? The magazines are due out on 5th February so DON'T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don't give the ending away.

Comments

• I haven't even received my February magazine yet! I'm beginning to get a bit cheesed off. But I don't think IG has hers either, so the ship must have gone via the south pole.
  • I get a little tingle of excitement when I see this thread up. Little things eh?
  • Wonder if it will be late because of the delays caused by the snow?
  • 5th of Feb? That's tomorrow. :)
  • Oh yes so it is, I'll get it on saturday. :D
  • Mine's been delivered. Haven't looked at it yet.
  • We don't get the post until later and with this snow it will be postie on foot rather than on his bike.
  • Another letter, I'm afraid. Page 34 of Writers' News.
  • You're on the WN wavelength, Jay!
  • edited February 2009
    Not even sure we will get any post today... :(

Well done on the letter Jay.
  • Just got my mags. Our snow has all gone now and its raining.

Well done Jay.
  • Got mine today too.

Well done Jay.

Had a quick flick through and also spotted another name we know.
  • congratulations, Jay. My copies are here but no chance to open them yet. Rain here too, lots of it. My car looks much cleaner with a lot of the slush and muck washed off it overnight.
  • Just got my copies...reading through 'em now with lunch. We had rain here in the morning but all it's done is create more ice, so instead of snow we have two inches of white ice ... tis very slippery out there.
  • Still no postman :(
  • I've got mine...I have only briefly looked at it and the story in WM, but it looks very good from the snippet i read(about drug addiction).
  • Got myself another shortlisting in the Writers' News Short Story comp. That's a nice boost to the spirits on a grey winter's day! :-)
  • Well done richt.
    (I don't think our postman made it today, so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.)
  • Well done Jay and RichT, and any other TBers in the mags!
  • Received mine at lunchtime, as yet unopened but looking forward to savouring the moment.
  • Our Postie did not deliver at all today so no magazines to read whilst shutting out the white stuff outside. We had another fall of snow overnight giving us about four to five inches of snow but in a village we have no snow clearance or gritters so have stayed indoors today. Well done to all those who find themselves in print in the magazines this time.
  • saw that, Richt well done!
  • Mine arrived today. No chance to look at them yet. Well done Jay and Richt!
  • Can I take this opportunity, Jay, to thank you for your comments about my letter. Unfortunately, I read the other two first and was quite upset by their tone. My original letter was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek, and though I thought it would be a talking point, I didn't expect people to get quite so cross about it. It was good to read yours and find a bit of support. I shall try responding to the letter page itself, but don't really want to get shot down in flames again.
  • WM, page 61, extract from letter commenting on advice in the December issue to buy books from charity shops, market stalls or via 3 for 2 offers:

"Bad enough the big stores ganging up on us, what we don't need are embers of the writing fraternity to follow suit."

:rolleyes:
  • Looking forward to getting my magazines tomorrow- that is if we have a postman to deliver it...
  • Hi, Jackie. As Jenny says, you'll find more support in Writing Magazine.
  • congratulations to all TBers who got in the magazines. Jackie, saw your letter and saw the responses. Be assured there is always someone who will take a letter the wrong way ... you made a valid point.
  • edited February 2009
    Jay's absolutely right, but that wasn't me making a typing mistake - it really did say "embers"!!!
  • Thank you, Jay, Dorothy and Jenny. That's reassuring.
  • Well doen Jay and Richt. haven't finished looking thro' yet. Jackie I shall have to re-read your letter before I read the letters page
  • Good effort Rich. Another credit for you!
    And well done Jay and Jackie re' the letters.
  • Well done all, have not really got into my mags, but will make a renewed effort to.
  • This month, only the letters seem to be worth reading.
  • I haven't noticed any other TB's this month.
  • Just reading this and feeling downhearted because I hadn't recieved my copy this month when the rattle of the letterbox annouced its arrival - will go and put the kettle on and explore the pages.

Well done for all those TB'ers in the curent edition.
  • I see Amboline has a letter
  • LizLiz
    edited February 2009
    Still haven't had any post.. in fact nothing since Monday, so I'm feeling very jealous... I do hope our postie and post gets through tomorrow.
  • Glad it's not just me not having post delivered, LizB. We last had a delivery on Wednesday but they are still collecting mail from the boxes so suspect that it is a H&S issue. Getting to some of the properties in our rural area must be quite a challenge. Still finding it galling to read all the comments and not be able to check the contributions they refer to though. I think I can now understand better the frustrations of those TBers who live further afield and receive their copies weeks or sometimes months later!
  • Must be excruciating! Our postie ended up sliding down a local hill sideways... we are just having a village show and a quarter of the audience on Friday didn't make it, altho last night was full. But one couple who came ll the way from Germany made it to the bottom of said hill and had to park... they were staying with friends half way up!
  • We weren't badly hit by snow but didn't get any post on Tuesday and Thursday- and it wasn't just that there was no post for me, there was no sign of the postman full stop. I useally see him walk past our house or across the road, or if I'm going out, his bike by the post box which is next to our bus stop.
  • I read Jay's letter in one of the mags at 4.30am the other morning.
  • That's early Stan couldn't you sleep?
  • Have you had your post yet Wordy?
  • I like a good debate on the letters page. Well done, Jackie, for starting it.
  • Thank you, Lou,

I'm afraid that two of the respondents didn't seem to think it was a debate. I think if I'd been there in the flesh, they might have thrown ripe tomatoes at me.

However, I have now sent back another salvo, but of course, there's no certainty that WN will publish it.
  • Thanks for asking Carol. Postie staggered to the door with quite a bundle of post yesterday including the Writing mags and The Lady with my article in so worth waiting for. Unfortunately some other items were a little late to be acted upon but given the usual level of service from our postman I wouldn't have wanted him doing anything rash. Even had another load of post delivered today so we must be just about up to date I should think.

It was good to be able to read all the item that had been commented upon and to see TB represented as usual even if not in such numbers as before. Can see why you are unhappy with some comments on the letters page, jackie.luben. Hope that writing about it has helped though. It's surprising what sparks off a response.
  • :)
    Have to say, I thought the same thing as jackie on the subject. Villifying her for expressing an different view just made the other letter writer sound a bit...petulant perhaps.