Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in April 09's magazines due out 5th March?

edited March 2009 in - WM and WN
Who's in April 2009’s magazines? The magazines are due out on Thursday 5th March so DON'T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don't give the ending away.

Comments

• Oh yeah. I'll get mine next saturday, thanks for reminding me.
  • Jay - I dreamt last night that there was a paragraph at the bottom of a WN page saying you'd won first prize in a specific competition. I was just reading on to see if it was gay romance when the dream shifted to something else.

I hope it's true!!!
  • So I'm the stuff of dreams now! Don't think I've entered any competitions, though. Submissions for a couple of anthologies, and trying to offload a flash fiction collection and a short story collection. I did win a competition a year ago - over 1,000 entries - but the prize wasn't huge, and the magazine has since shut down.
  • I haven't finished reading last month's magazines. Where's that month gone?
  • Don't worry, BB, February's always the shortest month.
  • Due out today!
  • Which I'll get saturday.
  • Sometimes it arrives on Thursday, sometimes Friday- never know which until it turns up.
  • The magazines have just thudded through my letterbox.
  • see someone praising you for your letter, Jay??? Nice one!
  • Yep. When I sent it to Writers' News, I asked them if they'd like me to expand it as an article, but it seemed not. :-)
  • Mine has arrived too.
  • Likewise - haven't opened it yet though.
  • I'll still get mine on Saturday!
  • Apart from Jay getting a mention in someone else's letter, I didn't notice anyone obvious.
  • edited March 2009
    The Talkback Limerick thread has a mention on page 6 of WM. This is in connection with The Guardian Books Blog team's challenge to its followers to write a limerick.

It quotes two limericks that have appeared on the site. Maybe they were written by TBers!

The article finishes by recommending readers to "see how the Talkbackers compare"!
  • Fame for the limerick writers. :)
  • Or, in some cases - judging by the content - notoriety! :)
  • Oh goody, as a fairly prolific and regular limerick contributor, I feel I've got a bit of a mention. :) Have to say though that as I had a day off and the mags arrived I did nothing else today but read them!
  • A nice lazy day then!
  • I shall have to look out for that Jenny, not that I've wrote one...
  • edited March 2009
    I see Amboline was shortlisted in the poetry comp in WM . Hope I can say that, shame he seems to have left talkback, but well done anyway!
  • There's a lot of YWO books mentioned in the members news part of WN.
  • Mine arrived yesterdy but I've not had a chance to even open them yet. :P
  • I'll get mine tomorrow. Keep this thread up to remind me please!
  • Well done limerick writers.

Now - why has WN not got back to me about the proposed One Word Anthology ? :(

May I hijack this thread for a moment and ask if anyone will write also and explain about the idea ? Perhaps they think that it's only me imagining that we could do it..........

Thanks
  • It may have been a case of rushing for deadlines to get this latest issue to press.
    If you haven't heard anything next week, I'm quite willing to e-mail Jonathan Telfer. It may have to have been passed on further up the chain.
  • It's probably OK. I suspect if they were worried, they'd have replied pronto. Wasn't he a friend of the Lone Ranger?
  • If it is successful it will be a good plug for the magazines too.
  • Yes Carol, I said words to that effect in my original mail.

Jonathan Telfer was a friend of the Lone Ranger ? Curious. ;)
  • Think it means silly or stupid in Spanish.

Do let me know if you're not following this conversation.
  • Jay..........

I'm not following this conversation!
  • Jay, you're right, it does and the pun was a clever one. I leave you to explain to Nena ...
  • I was joking, Dorothyd. Pronto/Tonto. Haha, Jay.

Go on, now tell me I got it wrong!
  • Think we are all a little "tonto" - it's what keeps us going .
  • I've got my copy now!!

I'll read it one night in bed this week.
  • Hi Kateyanne, thanks for flagging up that I'd got a shortlisting. As ever, I'm weeks behind with the magazines (or, to be technically accurate, I'm reading them in the *correct* month, i.e. the one that's on the cover!) so I was miles off spotting that one.
  • Pages 8 and 9, Writing Magazine:

"Her voice literally poured off the page."
  • Hi Amboline glad you are still around. How is the poetry course going?