Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Read an excerpt from Widow's Walk

edited September 2009 in - Reading
I'm hosting a tour stop for Kenneth Weene's Widow's Walk this week. If you'd like to sample a non-mainstream author, drop by Ascroft, eh? at www.dianneascroft.wordpress.com on Friday, 4th September to read an excerpt from Widow’s Walk.

I can never resist a novel that has an Irish connection so I was intrigued when I heard about the recent release of Widow’s Walk. It follows the story of how an Irish woman fares when she crosses the ocean to America and makes her life in that new land.

The book blurb says - "Mary Flanagan, caught between her sense of religion and obligation on one hand and her very human desire for love and life on the other, is in emotional limbo. When she meets Arnie Berger, who becomes her lover and philosophic guide, Mary's world seems to be transformed.

Widow's Walk, is a story of good people who struggle - sometimes successfully and often not - to deal with the challenges in their lives. The novel reflects how family, friendship, love, faith, and character affect that struggle."

Do join us on Friday to read the excerpt.

Dianne Ascroft,
author of Hitler and Mars Bars