Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Choose the Stephen King Novel cover...

edited April 2010 in - Reading
http://www.thebookseller.com/news/116464-hodder-creates-a-quartet-of-jackets-fit-for-a-thriller-king.html

Comments

• I looked, I read and I thought, how stupid can they get? The hardcover dust jacket is superb. Why not go with that?
  • Publicity...
  • maybe, but they may end up with a duff cover! That sample one was awful!
  • Just says to me that they haven't the faintest clue as to what they're doing.
  • I've got the book and I'm about to read it now. What's wrong with the front of it? (apart from the dust on my one whre It's been hiding under my bed)
  • There are four covers to choose from rather than one, and the readers favourite will apparently be used for future editions.
  • it's the cover for the paperback, ST, that they are asking us to choose.
  • Oh right, I've got the hardback copy. I'm on page 57. Just been reading it in the Garden, in the sun. :-)
  • The sample cover they have would NOT make me pick the book up, whereas the one of the hardback copy that's in the house (Mum's reading it currently) would... well, it did so...

Also, it doesn't really 'scream' Stephen King book to me :/ If that makes sense... Honestly, I'd just walk past that cover on a shelf and not notice it at all.