Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Speedy Rejection

edited April 2011 in Writing
I posted a query letter, sysopsis and 10 pages of my manuscript to Gregory and Co. on Sunday night at 10.15.
I received a rejection e-mail the next day at 11.18. Is this a record?

Comments

• That's one good thing about email submissions, Mel (mind if I call you that?) - there's no slush pile and they can often be dealt with same day. If you were going to be accepted, they would have asked you for more, possibly taking a day or two longer while staff found time to compare notes.

Good luck with your next try.
  • Better luck next time!
  • best to know sooner rather than later ... gives you a chance to send it to someone who will appreciate it!
    Best of luck.
  • Hi, Melusine. Welcome to Talkback. Why not introduce yourself on a new thread under Welcome Writers?
  • Hello.
    Sorry to hear you got a no, but at least it wasn't after months and months of waiting.
  • I would rather know sooner than waiting for a long time better luck next time keep trying and welcome
  • No rejection is good, but at least you've had an answer and can try subbing elsewhere.
  • Sorry to hear that melusine, I sent a submission to the same agency on Tue and am waiting to hear back. Hope your no isn't a bad omen.