Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

You MUST Read This Book

edited September 2011 in - Writing Tales
No, really you MUST.

I have been a bit absent from TB recently because my life has been hectic, chaotic and going through some major changes. The thing is I have chosen those changes and it's for the better. I have been so miserable over the past year if I'm honest and it's only been the last couple of weeks that I have realised what I want and I am quite literally changing my life round.

Ok so I know that sounds very cliche and sentimental but I am genuinely overwhelmed about how things are changing for me! I can't say it's all thanks to a book I read but I did read a book that helped. It put things in perspective and has given me the courage and skills to do something about my life. It may not be for you but I just wanted to share with my TB friends the book that is helping me find new happiness in my life. It's call 'How To Do Everything And Be Happy' by Peter Jones (not the one from Dragon's Den) and I discovered it at Swanwick.

Here's the link http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Everything-Happy-Easy-peasy-Happiness/dp/0956885608/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1316098136&sr=8-2

I really really recommend you read the introduction. I don't read these types of books at all and it was only having a curious peak at the intro that actually got me to read it!

Comments

• Thank you Emma, i too am going through a life changing process and i could use some help!
  • Thanks Emma. Just downloaded it to my iPad. The eBook version is about £5 cheaper than the paperback:)
  • Well done, Emma, for taking steps towards putting your life into a meaningful pattern.

I haven't read that book, but many years ago I read Wayne Dyer's "Your Erroneous Zones", which was completely life changing for me and which I feel I must be grateful to for making my life happy, so I know how thrilled you must be feeling.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Erroneous-Zones-Negative-Thinking/dp/0749939850/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316259768&sr=1-1
  • And I thought that was going to be a typo! :(
  • LOL!

Seriously, I did a life coaching course a few years ago and this kind of stuff really does get you motivated and allow you to open yourself up to positive changes.
  • Thanks, Emma - I'm going to take a look and may well buy the eBook.

Good on you for making these decisions and changing your life. Wishing you lots of happiness!
  • Emma, I'm pleased you're feeling happier.
  • Good luck Emma B. I know how hard it can be.
  • I posted a comment yesterday but it's done the TB disappearing act.
    I'm sure you will find your outlook improves. Good luck Emma.
  • All the best, Emma! It's wonderful to find a book which points one to the path leading to happiness. I'll get my husband to download it to his Kindle.
  • [quote=Baggy Books]Seriously, I did a life coaching course a few years ago and this kind of stuff really does get you motivated and allow you to open yourself up to positive changes.[/quote]

Absolutely, BB. Why would anyone not take it seriously? I haven't opened my copy of the book for years, but every page is underlined, with notes all over the margins. The book totally reshaped my life into a positive outlook. It must be an equivalent of such books as How to Make Friends and Influence People but from the point of view of internal peace.
  • Thank you to everyone for the support.
  • Just a note that the writer of How To Do Everything And Be Happy, Peter Jones, is speaking at the Essex Book Festival on 13th March.

More info here: http://howtodoeverythingandbehappy.com/workshops/up-coming-events/