Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

So excited - 'Charity's Child' coming out as an eBook

edited September 2011 in - Writing Tales
My publisher Circaidy Gregory Press is bringing out my first novel, Charity's Child, as an eBook!

We have changed it by removing Part 3, which took place 20 years after the rest. Part 3 will now form the beginning of the sequel, which I will be working on very soon.

A couple of Talkbackers read it back in 2008 when it first came out and were kind enogh to write me some great reviews. I'm hoping to do much more in the way of publicity this time - having a learned a few things in the last 3 years.

It's about a 16-year-old girl who is very religious and mysteriously becomes pregnant, while denying that she has had sex with anyone. Originally we targeted the adult market, but a number of readers saw it as YA (14+) or YA/adult crossover, so this time we are calling it YA, with a warning that some of the material is not suitable for younger children.

Our proposed title + strapline is

Charity's Child
Who, in heaven or on earth, is the father?

Would be interested to know whether you think this works...

Comments

• Congratulations I look forward to reading it.
  • Great news, Rosalie! :D
  • Brilliant news Rosalie. I hope it sells well for you.
  • Great news, Rosalie - the strap line is certainly intriguing.
  • Great news! And good idea to realign it with YA so it fits in better with Chloe. Let us know how it goes. What price are they setting?
  • Lou, I think £4.99 will be the price. I would quite like it to be cheaper, but the publisher is hoping for a bit of a profit. We'll see!
  • Very interesting article in The Author about publishers and publicity and ebooks. The author (of the article) reckoned it's as expensive to produce and publicise an ebook properly as it is to produce a printed one, where the printing costs become negligible in the overall costs of everything else.
  • Oh, and congratulations! Sounds an intriguing title to me.
  • This is good news. Congratutlations from me too.
  • Congratulations. More promotional opportunities beckon.
  • That article does sound interesting, Liz. I have the latest 'Author' - must read it!
  • Congratulations, that's great news, Rosalie. You're going to be busy!
  • Latest strapline:

Who on earth - or in heaven - is the father?
  • edited September 2011
    Brilliant Rosalie. Well done. I like the strapline. Sounds enticing.
  • Well done Rosalie!
  • Congratulations Rosalie. You certainly are prolific in your output. I look forward to reading it.
  • Seems like a good time to re-publish Charity's Child - with all the debate going on about YA books and gay protagonists and whether straight authors should write about gay characters! (My character is a lesbian girl in a very religious environment who finds herself pregnant.)
  • Well done, Rosalie, you're going great guns this year lady, long may it continue!
  • It's the usual mix, Ceka. Plenty of rejections, knockbacks and other disappointments, too. Keep having to remind myself that I write because I love writing, no other reason. If not I would have given up long ago!
  • Great news, Rosalie! Best of luck.
  • Congratulations, Rosalie - hope it all goes well.
  • Have blogged a bit today on gay characters in YA fiction and my experience with 'Charity's Child'

http://rosalie-warren.blogspot.com/2011/09/great-ya-gay-characters-debate.html