Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Self-Publishing - specific questions for those who have done it

edited December 2011 in - Writing Problems
I am about to press the 'Go' button on publication of one of my books that has been doing ok as an e-book, but which I have had multiple requests for paperback. I have a number of specific questions for anyone who has been through this.
1 - has anyone used MPG Biddles for printing? (I have checked and checked my submission file but I am terrified I have got something wrong) If anyone has used them I will ask them my questions on that directly.
2- has anyone used YPS distribution service? Do you use other channels or just them? What discounts and terms do they give booksellers?
3 -Anyone using Amazon Advantage?
4 - if you use a teleordering service and do it direct and if so how does postage work out?

Any thoughts appreciated. I am at the point of sheer terror that I am going to get it wrong! :(

Comments

• Hopefully someone can help you.
  • I wish I could Mutley, but I haven't yet researched the online publishing process in detail. Did you see the December issue of Writing Magazine which did a big feature on self-publishing.
  • Sorry, I haven't done it either, but you might find some answers to your questions on Absolute Write. They have a dedicated Self-Publishing forum.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47
  • I think I had better write a 'thank you' letter to Webbo. Ive gone through the article (thanks for reminding me ft) and as a result have a much better looking document and the pagination has reduced, which will mean lower printing costs. Good all round. I will send it off tomorrow and hope I have got everything right.