Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Just Not Happening!

edited February 2012 in - Writing Problems
A rant:

The words aren't coming! I am half way through an article, done all the research and the words have stopped flowing. I am mid sentence and don't know what comes next. I want to get it written, but it just isn't happening today!

GRR. Grr. Grrrrrrr.

I just want to get it done *crying*

Comments

• Why not go and make a brew and have 10 mins away then come back and start again :)
    a break is always good hun x
  • Quick, go for a walk! You need to step away from the article before you get yourself even more wound up.

If you try and force it now you're just going to get more upset and that's going to kill the words even more...it will quickly turn into a downward spiral with little hope of getting any decent work done. Take a step back and try working on something else, or try working on nothing at all! Have a little you time to see if you can get yourself in a better frame of mind. There's no point damaging a half-written article because you're so stressed.
  • Done, it is written. I went and made a cuppa. Came back and decided it wasn't going to beat me. I need to edit it, but I am not going to do that today!
  • Very wise.
  • Well done for biting the bullit and getting on with it.
  • Well done, what's the subject? How is the course going or is it finished?

I know - so many questions!
  • Yay! and Phew!
  • [quote=Baggy Books]Well done, what's the subject? How is the course going or is it finished?[/quote]

Flea Allergy Dermatitis in Cats. Slow, this article is for the course, but the other one (FAD in Dogs) is for publication.

Having said that, my tutor may suggest subbing, but I have had negative responses from Your Cat and Cat World. They are sticking mainly in house to save on pennies.
  • Yes, I can see why you were itching to get that finished. ;)
  • Oh my god, I haven't stopped scratching for over a week! I think it took so long as I kept stopping to scratch.

I did get the pun by the way ;-) :D
  • [quote=samperkins]the other one (FAD in Dogs) is for publication.[/quote]

Congrats on the commission - no pressure...!
  • Unfortunately not been commissioned yet. I hope it will be. Not sure I have spoken with them at Dogs Today. I am writing it and then approaching them, as I am not that good at writing articles etc. and I don't want to give an outline until it is written - if you get what I mean LOL