Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Thought I would share

edited February 2012 in - Resources
I learned about this on another writing forum I use. I have just used it properly for the first time, and I love it. The free version you don't get much out of, but I find it is enough, for now. No downloads either!

http://www.autocrit.com/wizardformpage.php#

Comments

• Just copied in a random piece of my writing to see what happens and it looks like it would be great for spotting over used words.
  • Looks useful.
  • Thanks, Samperkins. I've bookmarked this thread.
  • Thanks, Samperkins, it does look useful.
  • [quote=Phots Moll]Just copied in a random piece of my writing to see what happens and it looks like it would be great for spotting over used words.[/quote]

Yes, that is what I use it for mainly. In the end, there were two words that it said I should remove 1 instance of. I couldn't find a way to do that. But my vocabulary has been pushed to the limit today!

I am glad many are happy with it :)
  • Another one to add to the sticky thread?
  • Yep, posted before the other one though :D
  • Yes it's nice. It congratulated me for having no cliches (yay!) in the text I pasted.

Of course, it does not provide kit for major restructuring, but to analyse style and grammar - yeah, good.
  • This is really good. Thanks Samperkins.