Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Another useful site

edited February 2012 in - Resources
I have used this for my article. As I had gleaned a lot of information off the internet, I wanted to make sure I wasn't copying. Unfortunately, I need to rephrase a paragraph, so it is good I used it. Imagine if it got into print! There are some that want you to pay, but this one is free:

http://www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/

Comments

• But how could you randomly write a piece of text and then find you needed to re-phrase it? I can understand why that site's been created - primarily for teachers to check on students. But if you're writing an article, where's the risk?
  • I copied word for word a bit of text that I got off the internet - unintentionally - but I obviously wasn't thinking when typing. Now, I have no 'copies' it is all my own work.

It was a research article, I know very little about FAD.
  • Sam, why not add this to the "Useful websites" (sticky) thread? Then we've got everything together in one place (tautology?).
  • Because I only just spotted the sticky. I always notice the 'all users please read' one though!

Noted for future reference.

Watch me not find any more now.