Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

'Coping with Chloe' in the Saturday Spotlight today!

edited March 2012 in - Writing Tales
Lovely review has cheered me up no end!

http://www.yayeahyeah.com/2012/03/saturday-spotlight-book-review-of.html

Comments

• Congratulations Rosalie!
  • That's a brilliant review, Rosalie. Congratulations.
  • That is a brilliant revue, well done Rosalie.
  • Well done!
  • Great review Rosalie. Congratulations.
  • great review
    ANd I personally thought 'Coping with Chloe' was just brilliant, more, more!
  • Thanks, all. I've written a sequel to Chloe which I may well publish myself.
  • Congratulations on a very encouraging review, Rosalie! Great stuff.
  • What a fantastic review! So happy for you.
  • Congratulations Rosalie!
  • A well written and intelligent review of a great read!
  • Wow, Rosalie! If I had received that review it would now be in a gold frame above the mantelpiece ready to complement all the writing trophies that would soon be sitting below it. Well done. I'm well-jel!!
  • Great review - well done, Rosalie.
  • edited March 2012
    Thanks - I've had a fair number of really lovely reviews for 'Coping with Chloe', both from adult reviewers and from young people. I do feel very happy when I read them, but there is also a touch of frustration that the book has not sold better and become more widely known. But never mind. It seems that, in the writing game, if you're not careful you always end up wanting more. At one stage I'd have been delighted 'just' to be published, so I should be very thankful and happy!
  • [quote=Rosalie]Thanks, all. I've written a sequel to Chloe which I may well publish myself.[/quote]

Why, Rosalie? Couldn't you go for proper publication again and THEN self-publish later, as you have with Charity's Child?
  • No... publishers aren't interested in a sequel - sales weren't high enough, I guess...
  • Fantastic review, Rosalie!

Wasn't so keen on the design of the blog though. All those signs saying where the photos and headers etc had come from spoiled the look, and were distracting. to me, anyway! What a shame!