Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

An invitation from Ripon Writers' Group

edited June 2012 in Writing
Anyone within reasonable distance of Ripon is invited to join us for a convivial evening of 'Literary Allsorts' on Tuesday, 3rd July from 7pm onwards.

Convivial, because it's to be held in the function room of the Golden Lion, Allhallowgate, with refreshments available from the adjacent bar.

Literary, because ... well, that's what we do.

Allsorts, because poetry and prose, fiction and non-fiction, serious and humorous writing are all equally welcome. Come along to read some of your own work or just to listen to others over a drink.

Plenty of free parking nearby.

It would be great to see some Talkbackers there and put a few faces to pseudonyms!

Comments

• Have a great evening.
  • Sounds great - wish I was a bit nearer! Hope it goes well.
  • Love to come but it's much too far from my location - hope you have a successful evening
  • Are you on Twitter? You could reach people in the Ripon area that way.
  • Ah. Slightly, just a tad, along the wrong side of York for me at the minute. Maybe in ten years - no twenty.

Watch out for this years Beverley Lit Festival though... worth a day out or two.
  • Thanks for the good wishes. I'm glad to say that some writers from Boroughbridge, Knaresborough and York will be joining us, including at least one Talkbacker whose pseudonym is well known to me. It promises to be a good evening.
  • Have fun.