Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Critiques and Feedback

edited July 2012 in - Writing Problems
Hi all,

I'm new to this writing malarkey, and while I came to it with grand plans of creating a world changing novel, I have put that on hold while I practice (and enjoy) the art of writing by knocking a out a series of short stories.

This is a pretty private endeavor, and mostly I'm happy with what I'm producing, but even at this early stage, I'd be very interested to hear what a professional (or educated, dedicated amateur) would think of my work. I had a search on here for critiquing and I found a few resources for full novels and the such, but what of shorter fiction? What is the best way to get good honest appraisals of short stories and general writing style?

Has anyone had any good/ really bad experiences?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• I use my local writers group for this.

But a lot depends on who you're aiming your short stories at- if you're writing to fit the women's magazine market then you have to fit their requirements.

I'm sure there is an online critiquing for short stories, but can't remember what it was. But Dora will know.

And then Dora runs a group of Talkbackers who exchange their stories for commenting upon.
  • I've bumped up the thread for you about the group that some of us here Talkbackers use to give and receive feedback on our short stories

:)