Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Does anyone know anything about The Weekly News

edited July 2012 in - Writing Problems
It's ages since I sent anything to TWN but last week I e-mailed a story to jillfindlay@dcthompson. I've had a postmaster delivery failure report. When I tried to pick up TWN in W H Smiths on Saturday there wasn't one. As it's been so long since I've sent them anything I was wondering whether the guidelines have changed. Is jill still the person to send to? Does anyone know know anything about this?

Comments

• The email address is wrong. It should be [email protected]. No 'd' in finlay and no 'p' in thomson.

Jill is being rather slow at the moment - about 6 months for a response - but guidelines haven't really changed as far as I'm aware apart from wordcount where she now prefers around 1200 words, with 900-1500 as the outer limits 'at a push'.

I've always had trouble getting hold of TWN - it comes out on a Wednesday I think so maybe was sold out by Saturday.
  • I have seen it for sale in WH Smith and Asda.