Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Whisper

edited July 2012 in - Resources
I will whisper in case Webbo hears me: There is a free Webster's Dictionary with the Writer's Forum. I didn't buy it because I already have several dictionaries and often access online dictionaries. WM and WN are THE best!

Comments

• They gave away the Websters English Thesaurus some months ago...
  • Only one? Not fair!
  • I'm lost for words.
  • I got the mag, and the dictionary, a couple of weeks ago from WH Smith. Shhhhh. My subscription remains with WM and WN though. :)
  • [quote=Baggy Books]I'm lost for words.[/quote] LOL!
  • I don't get any freebies with my mags on account of being in Foreign Parts. So I'm not whispering!
  • Tears for bertiebear!
  • I was brought up to believe that it's rude to whisper in company. :(
  • Depends on the company.
  • [quote=Stan2]Tears for bertiebear! [/quote]
    *sniff* Thanks, Stan (I think).
  • Well I've got my copy of WF today in WH Smith's, but the shop version doesn't have the freebie.
  • There might not be a freebie in Smiths but there is a free dictionary with the Sainsbury's edition!
  • I've just been reading my copy, and there's the Fiction Feast guidelines included from Norah McGrath.
    It's interesting to see their reading process, fiction editor-editorial dept/editor for reading twice more.

I'll look out for the next few issues to read and see what sort of stories they prefer.
  • [quote=bertiebear]of being in Foreign Parts.[/quote]

I tend to stuff my mags in foreign parts when leaving the shop. That way I don't have to pay for them.
  • [quote=Libby]There might not be a freebie in Smiths but there is a free dictionary with the Sainsbury's edition![/quote]

It's a grammar dictionary; I got mine from Tesco.
  • I got the medical dictionary with the last issue. I just bought the September issue, and got a computer dictionary.

I also just read the 3rd prize winner in the fiction comp - 'Angel Wings and Clicky Shoes' - and welled up! Oh me, what a sad, brilliantly written, all dialogue, story.
  • There is also a free dictionary if you buy from Tesco's. I have quite a collection now - but I wish they would print which book they're giving away on the cellophane wrapper! Sometimes there are two to collect ... it's easy to miss one.
  • Free book at our Sainsburys.
  • [quote=bertiebear]I don't get any freebies with my mags on account of being in Foreign Parts.[/quote]
    Me neither, BB. This is a clear case of locational discrimination.
    I am printing tee-shirts as we speak.
  • It's a good thing my bosom is broad - I'd never have fitted all that on a tee shirt when I were a young slim thing.