Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Erewash Writers' Group - Two free entry competitions closing November 2012

edited August 2012 in - Resources
You may be interested to know there are two free entry competitions currently running until Thursday 8th November 2012 at

http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/

The following information is on the website, but please read the Terms and Conditions before sending your entry.

'TWIN' FLASH FICTION COMPETITION 2012

For our first flash fiction competition we invite you to write a story using a theme of 'Twin' in no more than 500 words,

We are delighted our judge is Rosalie Warren, author of ‘Coping with Chloe’, a novel for age 11+ which features Anna, whose life is being taken over in a frightening way by Chloe, her twin.

Two winners will each receive a copy of Rosalie’s book ‘Coping with Chloe’ and £10.00 cash
and publication on the website.

CREEPY CHRISTMAS CHILLER COMPETITION 2012

We want to read stories set in the festive season which contain all the necessary ingredients to scare the Santa suits off us.

Many an excellent ghost story has been written for Christmas, yet whether you include a ghost in your story or not is entirely your choice.

Your story could be held on any of the three main days of Christmas, or set in a couple of months running up to the big event, or specifically within the twelve days of Christmas. Your story will include tension, suspense and all the elements needed to make us feel we are sharing the frightening experience of your character (or characters).

No min word count, max 2,000.

Two entry categories:

Cat One: Adult Cat Two: Ages 12-16 years.

Prizes for six winners, three in each category:
First £40, Second £15, Third £5
(plus a charitable donation will be made)

Publication on the website is optional.

Closes midnight (GMT) Thursday 8th November 2012

Please read Terms and Conditions before you enter.

Good luck and best wishes :)

Comments

• I'll pass these details round the writers club I go to.
  • I'll do the same when LLandudno Writers meets next month. I have a possible story for the Christmas Chiller.
  • I saw this in the competition special and thought the name rang a bell. Thanks Dora!
  • Hi St.Force!
  • Two competitions I can try writing for while I'm travelling - thanks for the inspiration, dora!
    :)
  • You're welcome STF and LIzy. :)

Can I just remind any one intending to enter any EWG comps, to pleeeeeeeeeeeease read the Terms and Conditions first?

I'll say it again as this is not a private thread, so to anyone out there

please READ the Terms and Conditions first.

Thank you.
  • Thanks Dora! I fancy having a go at the Creepy Christmas Chiller (there, I said it, so now I'll have to write it :)).

Now that we're finally moved in and enjoying country life, I have my first evening with the local writers group tonight, so I'll pass on the details to the group too.
  • Great :)

Thank you, Debby
  • I saw this in the competition special and thought I might have a go :)
  • That's good news, ttofee. :)
  • edited September 2012
    I'll be updating the site soon with a contribution to the gallery
  • Dora, I brought up your competitions with the group last night. They said they'd definitely be interested in further details, so I sent an email round today with a brief description and link to your site. Fingers crossed it'll contribute towards lots more entries for you. :)
  • Lovely, thanks Debby. :)
  • A gentle reminder the competitions close Thursday 8th November.

May I also please remind anyone who may have an intention to enter to read the

Terms and Conditions

as it is obvious from a few entries received so far the T&Cs have not been followed.

We will not be able to enter entries that haven't met the T&Cs.

Thank you.
  • [quote=dora]A gentle reminder [/quote]

Nah! Get tough.
  • Please inform any 12-16 year olds we have a free entry competition currently running with a category open only to 12-16 year olds.

We'd appreciate it if you'd read the Terms and Conditions before sending your entry. http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/

Two free entry competitions are open until Thursday 8th November. Our themed Creepy Christmas Chiller Competition 2012 has prizes of
    first £40, second £15, third £5 for the 12-16 year category and another, separate £40, £15, £5 for the adult category, if you write a story with no min wordcount, max wordcount of 2,000. We're also providing a donation of £40 to a charity or voluntary group in Notts or Derbys. You can nominate your choice for the donation when you enter.

For our Flash Fiction Competition with the theme of 'Twin' we're asking you to write to a max of 500 words. Prize includes a signed copy of 'Coping with Chloe' by Coventry writer Rosalie Warren, and ten pounds from the competition organisers.

Please read the Terms and Conditions at http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/
  • Still time to send your entries in, closing date Thursday 8th November

:)
  • Idea is in my head, hoping to start working on it tomorrow night. :-) Fingers crossed I make the deadline!
  • Results are on the website

http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/

as are our competitions for 2013.
  • Thanks for another well organised competition, dora.
  • I was chuffed to get Second Prize in the Creepy Chillers comp with 'Chrstmas Fayre.' My other entry in the Flash Fiction reached the short list, and -in my view- was a better story, but-hey! who's complaining?
  • Well done, Dora. Great, well organised, competition. Will definitely try my luck in future ones!
  • I am pleased you are all liking the good organisation :)

[quote=Debby]Will definitely try my luck in future ones!
    [/quote]

Yes, please do. As mentioned to toothlight earlier the team of readers, and judges, vary from competition to competition, they're not always the same so you may find your luck is better next time (or worse, eeek).