Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Apple iPad - any experts here?

edited October 2012 in - Resources
Senior moment I guess... I can't access my email via my iPad. I think I may have clicked on something I shouldn't under 'settings' as there is now a little 'lock' icon top right of my e-mail screen and nothing will open. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Worth looking at your settings again- there's probably something there, and if you click it , it might give you the unlock option.
    But that's just a guess.
  • Betsie, hard to picture without being in front of it, but you haven't accidentally pressed the "lock" button on the very top of the device have you (ie the real, physical button at the right of the top edge as you look at it landscape)? There is an option under "settings" to choose whether this locks the screen or simply prevents the screen rotating, which you might have changed. Sorry if that's not quite right, I don't have the office ipad available to check.
  • Betsie, have you tried 'powering off' your iPad to see if it clears it? Press the off button and the home button at the same time until the screen goes black and then press the off/on button again until the apple appears. It should come on normally from there. That often fixes these glitches.
  • Thank you all for your ideas - Nena's suggestion has worked - I'm back in business. Thanks very much.
  • Good to hear that Nena has solved your problem Betsie. I use my ipad constantly.
  • edited October 2012
    OH bought an iPad just before we left England, so he's learning how to use it. I'm using it right now. it's clearly brilliant for some things, but I prefer to type on a 'proper'' keypad as this thing really slows me down. :rolleyes:
  • I was 'given' an iPad for work, much against my will as I didn't think I'd ever use it. Now I'm seriously considering getting one for myself because I absolutely love it! Yes, it plays up occasionally, but it's versatile and handy and I don't think I'd be happy if I gave up work and had to give it back!
  • Hubby and I have one each (we're a couple of oldies, well oldish) our kids find it hilarious that we both cart an iPad with us everywhere, on holiday, in bed. Our son has bought us dinkie little matching covers to keep them warm.
  • We both have one each and we are both retired. We carry ours everywhere even to bed.
  • I didn't use mine much a first but now, more and more.
  • I was reading H G Wells on mine last night in bed.
  • I don't like reading my iPad in bed - too big! I prefer my kindle.
  • Sometimes I doze and drop the ipad.
  • Reading mine at the Audology dept this morning while waiting for my appointment.