Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Major search problem on Amazon UK today

edited October 2012 in - Resources
Lots of books (and authors) have disappeared from Amazon's search - although you can still get to the pages via other routes. There are a number of comments about this on Twitter and on the Amazon KDP site.

So don't be surprised if your book(s) isn't or aren't showing up on Amazon search. Or if you try searching for your own name and find, like me, that you no longer exist :(

It's bloomin' annoying, especially if you've just published a new book...

Comments

• It's very strange.
  • Someone just told me the price of her book has been doubled and all the 5-star reviews removed!

That sounds kind of deliberate. Could Amazon have been hacked?
  • Ooo-er... mine is still there... I think I might go and copy all my reviews!
  • SallyQ and Nena have both said their books have vanished, too, and they're not the only ones. If it is a hacker they haven't been selective, Rosalie, as there seems to be problems across the board.
  • I just checked and mine are still there.
  • Bet they've done an update and it's caused these problems. I've found this happen with a lot of big organisations they do a big update and parts of the system that was working fine before, stops working or some people can't access it.
  • [quote=Carol]Bet they've done an update and it's caused these problems. I've found this happen with a lot of big organisations they do a big update and parts of the system that was working fine before, stops working or some people can't access it.[/quote]

It seems to happen every week on Facebook as well.
  • Can't find any discussions on Twitter about it - how do you do that?
  • Depends which # they may have been posted under. You could try search terms and see what comes up.
  • My books are still on Amazon.co.uk
  • Mine seem to have come back now.

Hope everyone else's are OK now, too.

I found the tweets by putting 'Amazon search' into the Twitter search. But it's possible none are showing up by now.
  • One of mine was missing this morning - hadn't realised it was a general problem (they've been having a few issues with KDP lately haven't they?) It's back now.
  • Sounds like they applied a dodgy update.