Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Anyone got Children's Writers and Artists Yr book?

edited October 2012 in - Resources
Hi,
Have any of you children's authors got a copy of the current Children's Writers and Artists Year Book (A and C Black)? If you have and can spare a moment can you check for me if the following publishers are still listed in it: Robinswood Press, Scripture Union and Findel Education.
Cheers if you can help :)

Comments

• No, sorry, Daisy.

You could try the library if no one has it and you just want to confirm the inclusion of these publishers' details.

Obviously, if you just wanted information about the publishers, I'm sure you could find that on t'Internet.
  • I'll do it... hang on!
  • Well - I can't find Robinswood Press in my 2011 edition, Scripture Union is there, and Findel Education - it was around in 2009 as they sponsored my poetry exhibition, and I'm pretty sure they are still around actually as they publish a friend and occasionally I get stuff from them - called Philip and Tacey Findel Education. But they aren't in the book.
  • edited October 2012
    Good ole Liz.

Being a celebrity hasn't changed her one little bit.

*curtsies and leaves thread*
  • Thanks, Liz and Tiny. My maybe slightly odd reason for asking is that I'd like to join the Scattered Authors Society (for children's authors - I think Rosalie is a member). I was intending to apply to join over a year ago and got my application all ready but then other things took over. I've just finished a long period of caring for my elderly Dad. He has just died of cancer. Once I've picked myself up off the floor I want to try and get my writing life back on track. I've now noticed though that the SAS joining requirements have been updated and they say your publisher (s) must be listed in the current Children's Writers and Illustrators. All I know is that they all were when I submitted to them years ago. But I guess if they are not there now then maybe I can't join. How bizarre is that!! Anyway, hopefully if two of them were listed in 2011 then they are still there now. Oh well.
  • Um - only one of them was listed, that I could see, but I was rushing around get ready for choir - will look very carefully through all listings when I get back. Sometimes they are taken into other groups or publishers and thus still eist in some form. I can find out about the Findel one easily.
  • But also - I know people in the scattered authors very well indeed and they only have one publisher.
  • So sorry to hear about your dad, Daisy.

I hope you will manage to fill a small gap with writing.
  • So sorry to hear about your Dad, Daisy. Nice to see you back on Talkback.
  • Ok:

http://www.findel-international.co.uk/_philip_and_tacey.html

http://www.robinswood.co.uk/pages/about/about-us/

I would email them and find out why they are't in there, or maybe find out if they are? they are both well-respected publishers, I should imagine the current stipulation thing is to discourage aged writers who were published in 1902 by an uncheckable source.
  • Thanks Liz, Tiny and Lou.
    Findel and Robinswood are in other directories I know. But never mind. I'll await the verdict from SAS!
    I've ordered myself a 2013 edition of Children's Writers and Artists from our little independent bookshop in town. Expensive - but it will be useful and I need to get myself going again.
  • My copy has arrived already. Fast ordering service at that bookshop.
    I'm wondering now if not being able to find Findel is due to a name change/take-over. My books have LDA on them as the publisher - which was part of McGraw Hill/Kingscourt and then broke off to belong to Findel. Now LDA seem to have their own separate publishing bit. I don't hear from them anymore and any royalties come via an agent (whom I'm not with anymore). I'll have to do some research and work it out!