Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Young Adult Fiction Day Friday 16th November

edited November 2012 in - Resources
Just passing this on for Ali:

Dear writer

Just a quick reminder if you haven’t already booked your place for Teenage Kicks. There are still some places available.

It’s a great opportunity to meet authors writing for the young adult fiction market and to meet young readers to find out what they’re looking for in a good read.

As the event is only a week away you can pay on the day – but please do let me know if you are thinking of coming along and would like me to reserve you a place.

Full details and the booking form can be downloaded at:
http://literaturedevelopmentdcc.weebly.com/

Teenage Kicks: Young Adult Fiction Day
Friday 16th November, 1.00 – 5.00pm
The Hub, Shiners Way, South Normanton, DE55 2AA

Teenage Kicks is an afternoon of author talks and workshops focussing on young adult fiction. The event has plenty to offer – whether you’re a writer interested in writing for the young adult fiction market, or looking for tips on delivering creative writing workshops for young people.

Acclaimed young adult fiction author Bali Rai is our keynote speaker. The event will also feature the opportunity to take part in two break-out sessions.

Choices include a session looking at what publishers are looking for in young adult fiction with Helena Pielichaty and Bali Rai; future trends and the use of smart phones and digital media with Pippa Hennessy and Cathy Petersen; author talks with Claire Tulloch; and a chance to meet teenage readers and hear what they think makes a good book with members of The Ecclesbourne School Book Group.

Paula Rawsthorne, who was shortlisted for the 2012 East Midlands Book of the Year Award will also be reading and talking about her work.

Tickets: £10 for adults; free for young people aged 12-17 years.

This event has been organised in partnership with Five Leaves Publications.

Please do pass on the details to anyone else who you think may be interested. I do hope you can join us.

Best wishes

Ali Betteridge
Literature Development Officer

Betteridge,Alison (Cultural & Community Services), Derbyshire County Council
01773 831359

Comments

• This has now become free rather than £10- had the e-mail from Ross at Five Leaves today, and it was on Facebook a short time ago.
  • Ooer. I wonder if not many are going then?

It's a bit out in the sticks, isn't it, Somercotes?
  • No the numbers are down, that's why they're trying to get the numbers up.