Welcome to Talkback!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Owed royalties
  • Can anyone help me? My publisher in France owes me royalties, but say I need to send them a tax exempt form signed in the UK to prove residency, otherwise they will take 30% of my royalties. When I went to my local tax office they said they no longer do it, but I need to go online to their site. What a joke. Totally impossible to find the for in the maze of links on thier site. Can anyone help me locate link, or advise otherwise?
    Thank you.
  • Have you asked the tax office for the full link to get to exactly where you need to go online? might be worth it.
  • My thoughts are the same as Neph.

[quote=sam]When I went to my local tax office they said they no longer do it, but I need to go online to their site. [/quote]

If the tax office have directed you to do this, you need to ask them exactly how to find it online.
  • I empathise, but in my case I never got what I was owed, cos the publisher went bust!
  • http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/news/cert-of-residence.htm

Think that's it.
  • Because of the PAYE updates there is limited access to the HMRC website for the next day or so.