Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Owed royalties

samsam
edited April 2013 in Official postings
Can anyone help me? My publisher in France owes me royalties, but say I need to send them a tax exempt form signed in the UK to prove residency, otherwise they will take 30% of my royalties. When I went to my local tax office they said they no longer do it, but I need to go online to their site. What a joke. Totally impossible to find the for in the maze of links on thier site. Can anyone help me locate link, or advise otherwise?
Thank you.

Comments

• Have you asked the tax office for the full link to get to exactly where you need to go online? might be worth it.
  • My thoughts are the same as Neph.

[quote=sam]When I went to my local tax office they said they no longer do it, but I need to go online to their site. [/quote]

If the tax office have directed you to do this, you need to ask them exactly how to find it online.
  • I empathise, but in my case I never got what I was owed, cos the publisher went bust!
  • http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/news/cert-of-residence.htm

Think that's it.
  • Because of the PAYE updates there is limited access to the HMRC website for the next day or so.