Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Erewash Writers' Group Competitions - First Birthday Celebration

edited May 2013 in - Resources
The competitions I organise have been running successfully since 2012.

I am extremely grateful to everyone who enters because without entries, there'd be no competitions for me to organise (and tbh I really do need something to do!).

After our most recent competition 'START' I decided it would be lovely to be able to provide a prize to everyone. This draw is the nearest I can get (at the moment) to achieving that.

I have been emailing entrants about this draw since the comp finished last month but thought Talkbackers who didn't enter, or are previous entrants, may like to know about it too. Do pass the info to your friends please.

What I have organised is this:

DECEMBER DRAW 2013

I am pleased to inform all entrants, previous and current, we have organised a December Draw.

This is one way for us to thank everyone for having participated in our competitions.

Names of all entrants, current and previous, will be put into a hat and two drawn out later this year. Prizes include free-entry to our Open Competition 2014 and paperback books. A list of the books we have available will be made in due course so you'll be able to consider which book you'd select if you win.

No writing involved, no fee. We'll pay P&P.

All you have to do is

a) have entered at least one of our competitions since our first comp in 2012

b) email Debbie, subject heading DECEMBER DRAW to confirm you want your name put into the hat.

If you've not entered a competition yet, there is still time. See

http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/2013-open-short-story-competition---maria-smith.html

for details of the last competition available this year you can enter if you want to join in this fun, fab, free December Draw.

NB: This draw doesn't include the 'FULL STOP' competition later this year.

Best wishes,
Debbie Wilkinson

Comments

• Happy Birthday!

What a lovely idea!
  • :)

Thanks.
  • Happy birthday!
  • Thank you, Patsy :)
  • What a lovely thing to do!

Many happy returns to erewashwriters and all the weeblies, too.

Don't singe your single eyelash when you blow out that candle, dora.
  • Lovely gesture, dorakins, thank you!

*hopes that picking the winners doesn't involve rummaging*

Funny you should say that S&M.

I have been a busy this morn with a rummage in my library (my home library not the public one, lol) to see what has been donated to the competitions. You'll be pleased to know none have surfaced from the depths of my undergarment area.

In fact, several are new books and, for reasons I may divulge on the website soon, have only been lovingly stroked by me on the outside.
  • Happy Birthday. :)
  • Happy Birthday! Oooh, I'm eligible to enter my name in the hat. Better get emailing... :)
  • Many happy returns of the day.
  • Happy birthday!
  • Awww, lovely, a cute little 1 year old.. ready to walk and get into all forms of trouble....
  • Happy Birthday!

Thank you every one :)
  • You do a great service for all aspiring writers at a fair entry fee (sometimes even free!). Thank you.
  • edited May 2013
    Oh dear, I didn't say 'Happy Birthday'on my previous post.

Happy Birthday.
    http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/message_board/images/smiles/icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Awww, thanks Toothlight :)

and thank YOU S&M. Want to blow out me candle, lol? :)
  • [quote=dora]Want to blow out me candle, lol? [/quote]

What a kind thought! Unfortunately I get a bit out of puff, these days.
    http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/message_board/images/smiles/icon_winky.gif
  • Is there any cake left?
  • *tuts*

Shouldn't think cake would survive four days at dora's.
  • But it's a BIG celebration. That means a BIG cake.
  • Happy Birthday Erewash!

Thanks, Mrs Bear.
  • Happy Birthday, EWG! Well done on a successful first 12 months, Dora. I hope they're the first of many.

And what a lovely way to celebrate.
  • Thanks, Dan. :D

[quote=danfango]I hope they're the first of many.[/quote]

I hope so too! :)