Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Printing Poetry

edited August 2013 in - Resources
I’m looking to print three of my poetry collections, and am hunting for a printer who is going to provide an excellent service and not charge me an astronomical fee. In the past, I’ve used Ask Print (three times for my literary magazine Beautiful Scruffiness) and the quality has always been spot on, but I'm hoping to have other options too, as they do charge a fair whack. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Have you looked at small local printers to you? Our local one does little books for primary school as about £3 for a 100 a go and the quality is lovely...
  • edited August 2013
    If you're happy to go DIY, I recently published a collection of my mum's poetry using Blurb. http://www.blurb.co.uk/write-a-book
    Quality is very nice and costs not too bad depending on length of book and quantity.

My sister did the techie stuff and she'd never done anything like that before, so it's not too difficult.
  • Thanks very much guys! I'm checking out some local places this afternoon.
  • As Liz said, look at small local printers. We had our writers' group anthology done this way. You supply the text digitally and they sort it out. Usually you can choose from a vast variety of suitable images for your cover. Our little booklets were done in A5 size, 28 pages printed both sides, good quality paper and colourful cover for around £1 per copy (may have been a bit less). We were able to sell them at a profit and give a .50p donation from each copy to the local hospice.