Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Short Story Competition closes 26th September - Erewash Writers' Group

edited September 2013 in - Resources
This competition closes on Thursday 26th September.

Erewash Writers' Group

'Open' Short Story Competition 2013

May I invite you to enter our 'Open' Short Story Competition 2013, closing Thursday 26th September.

There are six cash prizes (three in a 'New Writer' category and three to experienced writers) ie

£60, £40, £10 to three entrants in the 'New Writer' category

and

£60, £40, £10 to three entrants in the 'Open' category.

We also have a donation to give to charity and entrants can nominate their favourite UK charity or voluntary group for our cash. At the close of the competition, we will pick one name out of a bag. In 2012 our competitions raised £100 for two UK hospices.

Full details at http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/2013-open-short-story-competition---maria-smith.html Please contact me if you'd like an entry form and Rules of Entry.

You can either contact me here (whisper if you prefer) or email me (see website).

Comments

• Sat down and filled out my form. Printed off my chosen story, addressed the envelope.
    Saw the word count. :(
  • Sorry it's too short for you, SL but there's only so much we can do for £3.00 an entry (or £2.50 for multiples).

Fairest I can say is at least it's not one of those rip off competitions where you pay £5 or more per entry, and in some cases for 500 words or less. :)
  • Not complaining. It was more a *stupid me for not looking first* Not to worry.