Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Foreign and Far Away anthology now available

edited October 2013 in - Writing Tales
Hi - the latest Writers' Abroad anthology of over 90 fiction and non-fiction stories and poems is now available.
All proceeds are being donated to the wonderful charity: Book Aid International.

I know some of you may think this book is pricey, but ALL proceeds go to the Book Aid charity and I hope you agree that at 300 pages long with over 90 contributions this book is actually good value.

This is the third time I've had work published in the Writers' Abroad anthologies and I can assure you that their books are well produced and packed with quality writing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FOREIGN-FAR-AWAY-Writers-Abroad/dp/1492762008/

Comments

• Just looked at it and it does look well produced. Hope it does well - excellent idea.
  • Well done, Claudia.

Will you still qualify next year, now you've moved?
  • [quote=Carol]Will you still qualify next year, now you've moved?[/quote]

I won't be moving until next year - but yes, the Republic of Ireland is independent from Britain, so I'll still be living 'abroad'. :)

[quote=Baggy Books]Just looked at it and it does look well produced. Hope it does well - excellent idea.[/quote]

Thanks, Baggy. This will be their fourth anthology and it's been a privilege to be in last three, even though I'm not a member of Writers' Abroad.
  • Congrats, Claudia I hope it does well.
    Is there a web site for this? I am thinking I will submit a poem next time.
  • [quote=Nefertari]Is there a web site for this? I am thinking I will submit a poem next time.[/quote]

Yes, but check the requirements because I think you do have to be an ex-pat writer. Jany and Bangkok Girl have also been in previous anthologies - I don't know if they're in this latest one.

http://writersabroad.com/
  • Saw it mentioned in the new edition of Writers' Forum.
  • Sounds interesting Claudia and well done - 3 in a row.
  • 180 Books sold so far.
    The price on Amazon has been reduced (no idea why) and it's going to be available on Lulu soon which might cost less on postage.
    I'll post the link when the editor sends it to me.
  • That's fab, Claudia!
  • Latest update - 311 books sold so far and it would be wonderful if we can hit the 500 mark for Christmas.
    Just to reiterate - this isn't my book - it's an anthology by Writers Abroad and every penny of its profit goes to charity.
    I'm reading the anthology at the moment and it contains a wide range of fiction and non-fiction stories and whilst of course I'm biased, it really is good value! :)