Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Useful tool for day dating/time zones etc

edited December 2013 in - Resources
http://www.timeanddate.com/

Helps me sort out when I'm writing stories during a Julian calendar, or with a Gregorian calendar...

Comments

• That's useful, thanks.
  • What a wonderful bit of kit. It even seems to know where I live.
  • Just looked up what day I was born on - it was a Friday! Still my favourite day!
  • [quote=Liz]Just looked up what day I was born on - [/quote]

Me too. A Monday. Not very exciting.

Monday's child is fair of face. Better than Wednesday's child, I suppose.
  • Monday's child is fair of face,
    Tuesday's child is full of grace,
    Wednesday's child is full of woe,
    Thursday's child has far to go,
    Friday's child is loving and giving,
    Saturday's child works hard for a living,
    But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
    Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

OH was born on Sunday.
  • Oh! Both my children were born on a Tuesday!
  • I was a Sunday child, my son's are all Wednesday children.
  • I'm a Tuesday's child; not sure the nuns would have agreed with the poem's assessment...
    Mr Bear and Junior Bear are both Saturday chaps; they work hard for a living.
    The twins are Monday children, and definitely fair of face.
  • [quote=Mrs Bear]twins [/quote]

More TB twins!

I find twins fascinating.
  • These are my grandchildren, non-identical, in fact very different, and now 5 years old.
    I read a story today on Yahoo that a man has been arrested for murdering his identical twin - which sounds so very odd.
  • How strange - a bit like suicide but without getting harmed in any way. Now he knows what he'll look like when he's a gonner.
  • I was a Sunday baby, too. When I was young I had a book with that birthday poem in it but used to read it as bonny and blight-eth. Hehehe.
  • [quote=Island Girl]but used to read it as bonny and blight-eth. Hehehe.[/quote]

You pessimist, IG. ;)
  • Haha, you may say that, Carol, but I was very young and assumed 'blight-eth' (however it was said, and whatever it meant) must be something pretty good because it was sandwiched in between those other good words.
  • There is that. :)