Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Large Pooh Blocks Sewer

Comments

• How on earth did someone flush a bike down the toilet?
  • Holy crap! Where's S & M?!

Sorry, I meant to say, 'I don't know.'
  • Lifted drain covers become handy dumping spots for a lot of people...although I don't know why I'm being nice enough to call them people.

I've seen a few of those drainage cam surveys done (little remote control car - so much fun) and you'd be surprised at the crap down there...well probably not surprised at finding crap down there, but...well, you know what I mean.
  • Poor Pooh!
  • A lot can be caused somewhere further along the system.

We kept getting agro from a neighbour in our previous house, kept blaming us for flushing nappies down the toilet- so I got out one of the used scented nappy bags from our rubbish bin to show him. That shut him up. :D

It turned out that the pipe ran under the back garden patios from one end of the street to the other. It's even possible it stretched even further...
  • Kept winding up my other half by threatening to show her the picture of the large Pooh - oh the wit...
  • Oh the stink...
  • Poor Pooh! Only last year I was asked to make a new skin for my son's Pooh Bear. He is 43 - my son AND his bear.
  • Great thread title! You should see if there are any vacancies for headline writers in the nationals, Baggy.

Where DO people think things will end up when they shove them down a drain?
  • Sadly I can't take the credit for that one. However, although I no longer work on my local magazine, most months I'm still asked to create some of their headlines.

I couldn't beat the one on this thread - so decided against flushing out another.
  • At least there wasn't any crocs down there. What a lovely job these cleaners must have.
  • My school class had a tour round Brighton sewers many (too many) years ago. For me the highlight was emerging from a manhole in the middle of the Steine in front of a bench-full of astonished pensioners.
  • Love that title!
  • Pooh sticks...
  • . . . unfortunately.
  • My finger slipped and this thread came up. 

Been chuckling for a while now. 

Stil am sniggering. 
  • Ah, you can't beat a stinky story.