Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Future Learn courses

edited March 2014 in - Resources
Courtesy of someone on Facebook giving the link...

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses

showing start dates into the summer and a little beyond.
Tagged:

Comments

• My course began this week. Fallen at the first hurdle. :(
  • I signed up for loads and missed them all...must try harder.
  • Try one at a time BR...
  • I've signed up for one but it doesn't start until next month. I've you signed up for one, Carol?
  • I haven't seen any that I'd be interested in yet. :(
  • I've done some with Coursera but these look great too. Now which shall I choose?
  • I've signed up for Community Journalism - it starts in April.
  • I've signed up for the Forensic science in criminal investigations :)
  • I did that one, Mutley.
  • Dare I ask if it was any good? :)
  • Yes. It was very interesting, Mutley, although occasionally tested my scientific understanding more than I had expected it to!
  • I just finished the fiction writing one, it's worth doing just for feedback on your writing. Gave me a confidence boast
  • I've just completed it as well. Wasn't sure at first but found it useful, especially the feedback. Thanks, Carol, for the link. I've signed up for on on Hadrian's Wall.
  • Thank you, might consider it at some point. I am doing mine on international relations,still part way on the Co-operation in the Contemporary world and doing Right v Might in International Law, fascinating. I want to do a research paper on insurgency. I am awaiting my certificate on Causes of War, that was really fascinating, oddly enough. They are very good.
  • I did the community journalism. It was a well structured course and gave loads of information and avenues of further study. I was surprised how comprehensive and well thought out the course is - seeing as they are free I was just expecting a little 'taster' thing.
  • I've not seen one advertised for community journalism Bestie, do you have a link please?
  • edited July 2014
    If you go to Youtube and put in Future Learn Community Journalism you'll get some of the videos shown on the courses. Maybe there'll be a link on there. In the meantime I'll see if I can find the link to the website. Maybe that course isn't running at the moment.
  • Dora: I've looked on the list - maybe it's worth an e-mail to ask when and if they're doing a rerun.
  • There's a journalism one in the current list showing- if you click on the link at the top and scroll down.

There's a lot more this time...