Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Problem updating ALCS

edited March 2014 in - Writing Problems
I've been updating my ALCs stuff, inputting short stories which I understand can be posted under Articles. Does anyone know if I can include PF stories published since I signed the D C Thomson new contract.
My last Remittance advice from TWN said 'All the copyright for all purposes'. This was August 2012, before the new contracts. Should I include this story or not?
I have previously only posted details of articles so any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks

Comments

• If you don't have copyright, then I shouldn't think you have the right to be paid if people copy it, which is what ALCS pays you for.

However, I didn't think TWN took copyright before the new contracts so if you hadn't agreed to this then it might be a mistake on TWNs part. Possibly a bit late to query with Jill now, so I'm not sure what to say.
  • I'd ring ALCS next week and check with them. Surely they will know the current situation re the new contracts.

Obviously anything before the new contract would be okay to list.
  • I'm still confused. The new D C Thompson contract states: 'you retain the copyright to your content. You are granting us the rights to publish your content in any media format and in any country. You are granting us the right to re-use your content.'
    So I still retain copyright and can only claim payment from other users?
    I'll ring ALCs tomorrow to clarify.
  • On the sound of that, it sounds like the stories would qualify. Hope they can clarify your queries.