Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

How Long.

edited April 2014 in Writing
How many hours dose everyone put it daily/weekend or are they just snatched minutes of time that you grab for writing.
also dose anyone time them self like 30 mins to write then to get on with day to day things and another 30 mins later?.
i am just trying to find ways to steal extra writing minutes.

Comments

• Well, I don't like to divulge such...oh, that 'how long'...

*blush*

Probably a minimum of an hour a day, with about 4-5 on a Saturday, Sunday's are random - depends on the week.
  • Weekends are too busy.

I try and grab 1-3 hours whenever possible, weekdays, but sometimes it is only half an hour a day...
  • I write a lot of the time, up to all the time, when I'm writing. Mostly rubbish.

• Definitely 2 hours a day, often a lot more; but then this is my job, as I see it.
    If you are working or have family, you have to make time that's only for you and your writing, without feeling guilty (the really hard part). I didn't, for years, and really wish I had.
  • It's only about 30 mins on weekdays, because of my job and running a house, but I snatch what time I can on lunch breaks (using MS Office on my phone). Weekends it's more like a few hours, depending on what's going on. Either way I write something every day.
  • Writing something everyday is a good idea.
  • It varies a lot, but probably around 3 hours a day atually writing on average.
  • Bits here and there, stolen time on the train, lunchtimes in the office whern nobody is watching over my shoulder (ooops hope nobody at work reads this!!), never at the weekends with 2 kids and my wife working shifts all in all I probably average about 7-8 hours a week - nothing last week as I was in Menorca!!
  • Is there a law against writing in Menorca? Though I prefer to write in English. Ok, so
    I am being silly!
  • I shall take my notebook to the UK, as I always do, and seldom if ever get the chance to write.
    Mind you, cuddles and chat with family and friends beat that hands down - for a ten-day break anyway.
  • I'm plotting, planning and world building fantasy for the most part still, but working on that is as important as actual words on a page for me. When I get stuck into writing though, I can be a little neurotic and driven.

I'm working full time and putting 3-5 hours per weekday into writing projects, 6-8+ Sat and Sun. The variation allows for work on 'getting myself out there' (self promotion, websites, forums etc.) or the writer's grudgingly accepted evil/necessity of real life.